What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Security Administration Chief Loves His iPad

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

April 15, 2010 - 3:14 pm

1210_andrew-greenberg_170x170.jpg

Andy GreenbergBio | Email
Andy Greenberg is a technology writer for Forbes.

4524099462_74fb0626a8_m.jpg

We're not sure what this means, if anything, about the security of Apple products. But in a congressional hearing today, Apple's wonder-tablet received the very unofficial endorsement of the country's top security geek.

The hearing was aimed at determining whether the head of the National Security Agency, Lieutenant General Keith Alexander, will lead the U.S. Cyber Command, and produced few surprises. Much of Alexander's written testimony remains classified, and little was revealed about how he would change the mission of the Pentagon's hacker division, though he did try to address fears that his nomination would represent a military power grab on the Internet, and argued that the U.S. has the right to retaliate against enemies in cyberwar.
In one area, however, Alexander was more forthcoming: He mentioned, with no prompting, that he owns an iPad, and with very little prompting, that it is "wonderful."
"I am a technologist. I love computers. I have a new iPad," Alexander told the committee of Senators. A few minutes later, Democratic Senator Mark Udall of Colorado couldn't help but bring it up again. From the Congressional Quarterly transcript:
Udall: I'm tempted to get a critical review of the iPad, but perhaps we can do that--
Alexander: Wonderful.
Udall: Wonderful. I will put that on -- for the record.
:)

More takes of the hearing can be found here and here.
See also: In Pictures: A Brief History of Apple Hacking

Last edited:
OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No business can buy favorable advertising like this.
A real world endorsement from the nation's top cyber geek.
Not flame bait from a pimple faced basement looser drooling over Android.

Apple Jumps to 56 on Fortune 500 List
Posted: 16 Apr 2010 06:38 AM PDT
apple_HQ_front-250x150.jpg

Apple’s fortunes just keep improving — literally
. The Cupertino, Calif. maker of iconic consumer electronics reached 56 in Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list, rising 15 spots in the annual ranking of corporate success. Apple’s $36.5 billion in revenue for 2009 put it just behind 10th-place HP ($114.5 billion) and 38th-place Dell ($52.9 billion.)

Last edited:

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the only thing that i really have to worry about on the unit is my home inventory program and that basic it ..you could go through the pass words in a matter of mins hooked up to a bigger unit ..

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh good. The head snoop loves our portable wireless data device.

Most reactions

Latest posts