What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

national iPod day

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
October 23 is national iPod day.
Yes; on this day in 2001, Steve Jobs announced a device that would revolutionize the music industry and pave the way for Apple's future success. This was what we now know as the 1st generation iPod.
iPod Day
7415f__originalipod.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wow.what a amazing piece of technology.

HI Thomas - as you likely know Apple has discontinued the iPad Nano & Shuffle Model Updates - believe that the iPad Touch is the survivor? SO, this may be a holiday heading for extinction - my iPod Touch (2G) is now on their Vintage/Obsolete Lists (see below - LINK).

I mainly use my 'old' iPod as my MP3 player (almost daily) - only 32 GB and would like to add a LOT more music - might buy my wife an iPhone 8/contract and take her iPhone 6 (w/o a contact - my 'dumb' phone does well when I need to use it, which is rarely) - believe she has 128 GB on that phone - don't really want her to migrate to the iPhone X. Curious how others are thinking about these posits of mine? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 8.56.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 8.57.15 AM.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HI Thomas - as you likely know Apple has discontinued the iPad Nano & Shuffle Model Updates - believe that the iPad Touch is the survivor? SO, this may be a holiday heading for extinction - my iPod Touch (2G) is now on their Vintage/Obsolete Lists (see below - LINK).

I mainly use my 'old' iPod as my MP3 player (almost daily) - only 32 GB and would like to add a LOT more music - might buy my wife an iPhone 8/contract and take her iPhone 6 (w/o a contact - my 'dumb' phone does well when I need to use it, which is rarely) - believe she has 128 GB on that phone - don't really want her to migrate to the iPhone X. Curious how others are thinking about these posits of mine? Dave :)
View attachment 80116 View attachment 80117
I have several iPods. My oldest is a second generation iPod from 2002. The battery still holds a charge and I still use it occasionally.

OP
Thomas1977

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya but just because something is really old or discontinued does not mean you can not use it.

Most reactions

Latest posts