What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NAS drive and Apple TV

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
Anyone out there know of an alternative video app for the iPad? At the moment I have Buzz player app. It will play video to my iPad but not to my Apple TV and LCD TV. I have an external NAS drive with a lot of .avi movies. I would like to play them with my Apple TV without my laptop on, the Buzz app says I must have the video server running on my computer to play .avi movies but it still won't; computer on or off. As I have about 600+ movies it will take forever to convert them to .mp4

Thanks for any help in advance

Sent from my iPad using iPF

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Jailbreak your atv, install xbmc and you can playback your avi files directly from your NAS without using your iPad to AirPlay them.

OP
tecknoes

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
Thanks for the info, I'm a bit wary of Jailbreak, a friend did his iPhone and ended up with a "brick". Is there no other method or app?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts