1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

NAS drive and Apple TV

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by tecknoes, Jun 14, 2011.

1. tecknoes

tecknoes iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Anyone out there know of an alternative video app for the iPad? At the moment I have Buzz player app. It will play video to my iPad but not to my Apple TV and LCD TV. I have an external NAS drive with a lot of .avi movies. I would like to play them with my Apple TV without my laptop on, the Buzz app says I must have the video server running on my computer to play .avi movies but it still won't; computer on or off. As I have about 600+ movies it will take forever to convert them to .mp4

Thanks for any help in advance

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Jailbreak your atv, install xbmc and you can playback your avi files directly from your NAS without using your iPad to AirPlay them.
  3. tecknoes

tecknoes iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for the info, I'm a bit wary of Jailbreak, a friend did his iPhone and ended up with a "brick". Is there no other method or app?

Sent from my iPad using iPF