What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NAS Devices with iTunes Support?

saetool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looking for advice for moving Itunes music from IMAC to NAS

I have a Synology NAS (DS110) with itunes server build in. Works like a charm and I share my itunes music library with all my i-devices.

I have a brand new synology DS211J. It sounds like you have successfully set up your 110 to hold all of your music and the library for Itunes. I would like to move my music from my Imac to the NAS and direct Itunes to use the NAS for music storage and retrieval. My set up is as follows: an Imac with 4 Ipods to sync, NAS, airport, and will probably add a streaming music box.
My questions are:
  1. what is the best way to move all the songs from my Imac to the NAS?
  2. what is the best way to create the library for Itunes now that the songs are on the NAS?
  3. Do I use the option key + Itunes command to redirect Itunes to use the NAS?
  4. any other tricks that I should be aware of with the synology sofware?
Thank you for any advice that you can give.

odontowebmail

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad and file browser

Hi guys.
I have just installed a D-Link has; now the question is:
I'm interested in use my iPad in home reading music/photos etc from the has without any other pc/mac running iTunes or something else.
so i read your posts and tried to use filebrowes on iPad and it connects with my has, read the main folder ("Volume_1"--->the HD inside has) but when i try to enter this folder, iPad shows this message: "could not connect to share: Access denied"..

Any idea??? Please Help me!!! ;-)

See you!

Most reactions