What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naming photos

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't within the Photos app. You'll have to either send the photo to your PC/Mac for naming or download (from the App Store) a third party app that will allow you to name photos as you wish. Two that come to my mind are iFiles and Photo Manager. There are many, many more.

Marilyn

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can't within the Photos app. You'll have to either send the photo to your PC/Mac for naming or download (from the App Store) a third party app that will allow you to name photos as you wish. Two that come to my mind are iFiles and Photo Manager. There are many, many more.

Marilyn

I wonder why that is?
Doesn't seem like a big deal to be able to rename a picture on the spot.....
Maybe something with the file manangement in the app?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
I wonder why that is?
Doesn't seem like a big deal to be able to rename a picture on the spot.....
Maybe something with the file manangement in the app?

Pretty much that. All digital cameras I've come across have a similar naming system. The Sony model I had named all images DSCN###, and wouldn't accept them back if they were renamed.

Most reactions

Latest posts