What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naming photo albums

NewMax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi have downloaded photos from Laptop to IPad but now want to name albums. Guess I need to do this on ITunes not on IPad. Had a look on ITunes but could not work out how to name albums. would be grateful if anyone had some simple steps I cold follow

Thanks Max

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I organize albums outside of iTunes and then point iTunes to their location...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The names of the folders that the pictures are in become the name of the albums. You can't change that in iTunes. It must be changed directly on the computer.

Unless you are using a Mac. Then you have other options.

OP
N

NewMax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for responses. I was able to sort and name albums earlier and on my IPad 2 have around ten albums named plus generics All Imported, and Last Imported, Camera Roll. Have now forgotten how I named these albums. Also on ITUNES used to be able to see image of IPAD "desktop" but now can not recall how to find this screen in ITunes. New to Macs

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When the iPad is plugged in, you select it in iTunes under the Devices list at the left. At the top of the page you will see several links (Summary, Info, Apps, etc). Select Apps to see the iPad desktop you were talking about.

Changes to what folders the iPad syncs can be found under Photos. You can not change the name of the folders/albums there. The folder names must be changed directly on the computer. Then go back to the Photos section in iTunes and make sure that the newly named folders are still selected (if you are using the selected folders option.)

Most reactions

Latest posts