What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Names and passwords

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have Safari setup to remember my user names and passwords, but it sometimes doesn't remember them. As I get older (and older and older...) I tend to forget things.

Is there a way to recover user names and passwords from Safari on my iPad? I read on one web site about something called " keychain". It said to go to the search iPad area on my iPad, and type in the word keychain. Well, I did, but it did not show anything other than to search the web or wikipedia for keychain.

Am I trying to do something that can not be done?

Thanks for any fore sight on this...

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorta related…
The '1Password' app is the best way I’ve found to keep track of secure log-on names and passwords. I’ve been using desktop version on the Mac and PC for years and it’s great. The iPad version is fantastic!:)

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, guys, but I am looking to see if I can recover a username and password that Safari used to remember. I will definatley look into the apps you mentioned, but as I mentioned I am trying to recover a username and password.

Again, really do appreciate your replies....

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Though I think I know the process I won’t suggest it as it requires deletion of a file or two within the Mac OS, and that can be tricky. Anyway, if you don't receive a fix from a forum member here, there's always plan-B. BTW: I’m also old, so my acuity isn’t what it use to be.

https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

Last edited:

chelseaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, guys, but I am looking to see if I can recover a username and password that Safari used to remember. I will definatley look into the apps you mentioned, but as I mentioned I am trying to recover a username and password.

Ok well you will be doing this on your mac not your ipad.

Go into applications/utilities/ then keychain access

in there is list of all log and passwords for websites and on your mac,

just search through the website ones and when u find the site click it once, a box will open up on the right with the site and a the password,

if you have a login code to your mac have it handy as it wont show the password till u enter your mac pas if u have one.

Hope this helps,

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Ok well you will be doing this on your mac not your ipad.

Go into applications/utilities/ then keychain access

in there is list of all log and passwords for websites and on your mac,

just search through the website ones and when u find the site click it once, a box will open up on the right with the site and a the password,

if you have a login code to your mac have it handy as it wont show the password till u enter your mac pas if u have one.

Hope this helps,

Appreciate the reply, but I don't have a Mac. I do have a laptop with windows xp and iTunes on it.

Guess i'm making things difficult, huh?

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Moxier Wallet. It's free and very easy to use.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep my user names and passwords in a document, with a 4 digit access code , stored in iFiles.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use keeper app.
Just have to remember the code for that and all info stored inside like a safe.
Excellent

Most reactions

Latest posts