What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a Pet Peeve!

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trky said:
You probably don't realize this, but there is scientific reasoning behind that for a lot of people.

Actually all the starches in the foods would be just as bad or worse for diabetes than the sugar in the soda. Starches turn to sugars and have been found to be worse than a small amount of sugar.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan said:
Hmm! People who say they're watching their line when they mean watching their waist line. Of course I can't help but answer: "Caught anything yet?" or "A line is straight or curved but it still leads from A to B! Why should you watch it?"

People who ask:"Are you in shape?" I can't help but answer:"In the shape of what? I still look human!"

Or why does everybody ask how you're doing when in their little selfish world they have absolutely no desire to know? I often answer that I don't know or that I have no time right now to seek analytical help.

You might think I'm rude but not as much as those thoughtless questions can be at times.

Whatever happened to: "Hi!"

Rofl LMBO

Another is ppl that update their Facebook status more than they wash their hands. Like literally if they could they would say

Can't wait fa the lakers game 900

Watching the game. 906

About to $#!+ myself. 916

Made it to the bathroom 921

Game back on 922

They beating the breaks off them 930

Wifey (aka baby mama) brought me a soda 934

Down by 20 but gotta pee 939

Just in time for kobes 3ptr 941

Give me a Kleenex, that game brought snot to my nose. 945

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trky said:
You probably don't realize this, but there is scientific reasoning behind that for a lot of people.

Actually all the starches in the foods would be just as bad or worse for diabetes than the sugar in the soda. Starches turn to sugars and have been found to be worse than a small amount of sugar.

Very true. I have quite a few clients who are diabetics and are put on low carbs.

Syrup. Maple freaking syrup. DISGUSTING!

Too funny!

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new one as of today. People who brake in front of you for reason, causing you to come off your bike.!!!....funny thing was though as the small crowd gathered around me to see if I and the bike were ok. I told them not to worry about the bike. "what about my iPad?". Checked my backpack and all in one piece. All is good in the world! iPad one, bike dented, me bruised...but the iPad survived! How good is that!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I told them not to worry about the bike. "what about my iPad?". Checked my backpack and all in one piece. All is good in the world! iPad one, bike dented, me bruised...but the iPad survived! How good is that!

Very good!! Too funny ~ I would have done the same thing! Glad you are okay, though!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I told them not to worry about the bike. "what about my iPad?". Checked my backpack and all in one piece. All is good in the world! iPad one, bike dented, me bruised...but the iPad survived! How good is that!

Very good!! Too funny ~ I would have done the same thing! Glad you are okay, though!

LOL:D i tripped on the stairs holding my ipad. i fell , my knees hurt but my ipad was fine! im glad :):p

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My current pet peeve is that my younger brother has the most negative personality imaginable. His self-esteem is probably in the negatives and he wastes no opportunity to shove it all down our throats. In addition to that, he always has to be one level worse than me. When I recently admitted to my family that I used to be agnostic, he told all of us that he used to be atheist in Sichuan a proud tone of voice!

I know, I guess I'm probably too much of an optimist, but honestly, I can't stand talking to highly pessimistic people because it's such a strain.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL Brenn! I have too many to list, but one of them is people not washing their flipping hands after using the bathroom, it is not only gross but, well ok it is just gross lmao

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
David79 said:
LOL Brenn! I have too many to list, but one of them is people not washing their flipping hands after using the bathroom, it is not only gross but, well ok it is just gross lmao

ABSOLUTELY!

I have a peeve in this vein as well: people who use GOBS of paper towels to dab their hands. What a waste. One sheet of paper towel, dry your hands as much as you can until the whole thing is wet, then you can use that to wipe your face or something else. By that time, your hands aren't perfectly dry (sometimes they are), but they're just damp enough to dry in the air within a few seconds. I love the hot air dryers.

Oh, and I just hate it when people capture a bug, kill it, dump it into the toilet and then flush 1.5 gallons of fresh drinking water (why reclaimed and cleaned gray water can't be used for toilets, I don't know) to get rid of the bug. Again, more needless waste.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
ABSOLUTELY!

I have a peeve in this vein as well: people who use GOBS of paper towels to dab their hands. What a waste. One sheet of paper towel, dry your hands as much as you can until the whole thing is wet, then you can use that to wipe your face or something else. By that time, your hands aren't perfectly dry (sometimes they are), but they're just damp enough to dry in the air within a few seconds. I love the hot air dryers.

Oh, and I just hate it when people capture a bug, kill it, dump it into the toilet and then flush 1.5 gallons of fresh drinking water (why reclaimed and cleaned gray water can't be used for toilets, I don't know) to get rid of the bug. Again, more needless waste.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

I noticed that it takes 2 paper towels to completely dry your hands.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:
LOL:D i tripped on the stairs holding my ipad. i fell , my knees hurt but my ipad was fine! im glad :):p

You have that heart stopping moment when you go to look at the screen and pray to the apple god that there isn't a crack straight down the middle! Only time I've been religious !

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

aww, Joy! Never ever use stairs while holding iPad. Hellooooooooooo? Are you okay?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course! But isn't that a medical reason as opposed to a scientific one?

Medicine is science. The science behind it, is that there is too much sugar in regular soda so they drink diet. Diet coke with a burger is much better than water with a burger.
That's like saying if you are going to have herbicide for lunch it's better to wash it down with pesticide rather than water.

I contend you have grossly overestimated the percentage of diabetics ordering gobs of crappy unhealthy fast food and then washing it down with a diet coke, for diabetes sake.

It's usually just like Michael's peeve was about: the diet soda is a token gesture to make it seem as if they are doing "something" healthy (as if 2 liters of chemical-laden liquid is in any way healthy). I say in most cases these people are not trying to help their diabetes.... they are causing it.

Michael

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts