What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a Pet Peeve!

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People who talk on their cells when being waited on(drive thru, checkout, sit down diners). And people who play games/text at the dinner table or at family gatherings.
Rude, rude, rude. Put the damn thing down & talk to people!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Define self-absorbed. Do you mean those that do not speak to you? I take the train daily, and the last thing I want is for some person deciding that he or she wants to absorb me into his or her life. Just leave me alone and let me ride in peace.

Only concerned with themselves, no manners, squeezes their fat A$&!s in seats where they don't fit, use me as an arm rest ,to read their books and get mad when you try to move out of the way, act as though are in their living room rather than a public place, loud iPods, loud conversations, loud rowdy kids of all ages, sometimes loud cell phone conversations if I am above ground. Not to mention people begging for money, performances on the train for money etc etc etc

Very important to have your iPod fully charged and synched for long morning journey to work.

The last think I want in the subway is to have a conversation with anyone. Too early in the morning

Sent from my Tricked Out Sparkly Pink Verizon Black iPhone using iPF

Rachiee24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi newbie to the thread here :). One thing that really annoys me is having someone ringing you (my boyfriend) and a couple of minutes into the convo someone comes into his room and he then ignores me and starts talking to his friend and then has the nerve to get assy with me for saying that he was being rude.

Sorry, rant over, this happened today and it's really upset me :-(

mskailyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rachiee24 said:
Hi newbie to the thread here :). One thing that really annoys me is having someone ringing you (my boyfriend) and a couple of minutes into the convo someone comes into his room and he then ignores me and starts talking to his friend and then has the nerve to get assy with me for saying that he was being rude.

Sorry, rant over, this happened today and it's really upset me :-(

Same thing happens to me =\

Rachiee24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mskailyn said:
Same thing happens to me =\

Really? Phew I thought I was the only one. How do you get him to understand that it's mean and rude? I can't seem to get through to my guy

mskailyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rachiee24 said:
Really? Phew I thought I was the only one. How do you get him to understand that it's mean and rude? I can't seem to get through to my guy

Try sweetly saying somthing like, "oh, if you dont have time to talk thats okay" he may feel guilty and resume his conversation with you. Thats what i always do, works all the time =D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good comeback. I use it all the time! My rant of the day is that I am a part time tutor and have been transferred mid term to another year group due to a problem with another tutors relationship with their class. Hmm! Not happy! I love my tutor group and have been with them a year and a half.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Rachiee24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mskailyn said:
Try sweetly saying somthing like, "oh, if you dont have time to talk thats okay" he may feel guilty and resume his conversation with you. Thats what i always do, works all the time =D

Lol I think I tried something like that yesterday it was something like "if you're busy you can ring me back later" but I think thats when he started being horrible. I need to see him to tell him he's being a douche bag lol

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol I think I tried something like that yesterday it was something like "if you're busy you can ring me back later" but I think thats when he started being horrible. I need to see him to tell him he's being a douche bag lol

Try hanging up.

mskailyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also tell him that if he is going to call you, that you should be the person he talks to. No one else. So rude it makes me angry >.<.

Rachiee24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mskailyn said:
Also tell him that if he is going to call you, that you should be the person he talks to. No one else. So rude it makes me angry >.<.

Yeah I know right. I think he's finally understood it though. He rang me earlier when he was round his friends house playing xbox and I said that I didn't wanna have a 3 way conversation and he said he knows and he's sorry but he just wanted to see how I was ( been having a really emotional week). He then text me after saying sorry. I think he's finally go it hurrah!

mskailyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rachiee24 said:
Yeah I know right. I think he's finally understood it though. He rang me earlier when he was round his friends house playing xbox and I said that I didn't wanna have a 3 way conversation and he said he knows and he's sorry but he just wanted to see how I was ( been having a really emotional week). He then text me after saying sorry. I think he's finally go it hurrah!

Thats great! So happy for you =D

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My next pet peeve-people who forget to say "please and thank you!!" Now how hard is it to say those wonderful words to people? Sigh...

Most reactions

Latest posts