What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a Pet Peeve!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Yes - those pillars - I hate....them. How do they expect a regular car to be able to get into that space?????

Tim

Try parking an Isuzu Trooper. Luckily we don't go to town that often and park outside if we can. Yeovil, our local town, has a covered car park that is a horror to park in, once you've parked (you get everyone out before you do), you squeeze out hoping not to scratch your car door again.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
So annoying and also when you do that and find a scratch from the one car who dared to park next to you and had the audacity to park next to you, only to leave their mark. Grrr.
I hate underground car parks where the pillars are so close together that only a Smart car could fit in between them.

And as for smart cars.....it's not smart and it's not clever!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, I have another peeve, this blinking IPF app keeps crashing, it's almost going, help I can't work that fast, crash. It's crashed about 5x today alone. I've done the hard and soft options before any of you say so but is there a way to complain? I've gone onto this website but it looks like another forum site and I couldn't find a support button. Anyone have ideas!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Actually, I have another peeve, this blinking IPF app keeps crashing, it's almost going, help I can't work that fast, crash. It's crashed about 5x today alone. I've done the hard and soft options before any of you say so but is there a way to complain? I've gone onto this website but it looks like another forum site and I couldn't find a support button. Anyone have ideas!

I think you may have worn it out!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I think you may have worn it out!

The Archangel

Yes, but if I have, so have you! Do you not get that as well or is it just my iPad. It doesn't do that on my other 275 apps.

Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

Hopefully we can get some answers. It is a caching issue, but I don't know how to report it, my recent thread on whether forum-runners.com is part of iPF, or the other way around was unanswered.

Anyway, the iPF app crashes every 15-20 posts, or so. Unless the app has been thrown out of memory beforehand, due to other apps needing the memory.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

Hopefully we can get some answers. It is a caching issue, but I don't know how to report it, my recent thread on whether forum-runners.com is part of iPF, or the other way around was unanswered.

Anyway, the iPF app crashes every 15-20 posts, or so. Unless the app has been frown out of memory beforehand when other apps need the memory.

Marie - I think it's time one of us got in the elevator and - with trepidation - ventured up to the Executive Suite....

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Marie - I think it's time one of us got in the elevator and - with trepidation - ventured up to the Executive Suite....

Tim

Oh err, not sure if that's good or not, but if it gets the app to play nicely I'm all for you two to enter THE EXECUTIVE SUITE. That's sounds bad now, no, I'm not going there.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Oh err, not sure if that's good or not, but if it gets the app to play nicely I'm all for you two to enter THE EXECUTIVE SUITE. That's sounds bad now, no, I'm not going there.

It's my innocent mind - that's where the 'Supermoderators' and 'Admin' guys live...way above my head....

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It's my innocent mind - that's where the 'Supermoderators' and 'Admin' guys live...way above my head....

Tim

Surely not, they hold you in high esteem, I'm told.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:

Anyway, the iPF app crashes every 15-20 posts, or so. Unless the app has been thrown out of memory beforehand, due to other apps needing the memory.

Funnily enough, I think I told you yesterday or the day before that mine was working fine.......but it started playing up late yesterday.......so I guess something is happening here.

The Archangel

Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Funnily enough, I think I told you yesterday or the day before that mine was working fine.......but it started playing up late yesterday.......so I guess something is happening here.

The Archangel

Indeed, you posted something similar. But you weren't posting all that much at that time, so I assumed your iPF got backgrounded in between your posts, which does clear the cache, thereby preventing crashes.

On both my iPads is 15-20 posts the upper limit, before iPF either crashes or lags.

But it is entirely possible, that my assumptions are incorrect and something else causes the crashes.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Indeed, you posted something similar. But you weren't posting all that much at that time, so I assumed your iPF got backgrounded in between your posts, which does clear the cache, thereby preventing crashes.

On both my iPads is 15-20 posts the upper limit, before iPF either crashes or lags.

But it is entirely possible, that my assumptions are incorrect and something else causes the crashes.

Well you are not alone anyway! I thought it was just me and I dread to think I would have to use the website, I find the app much easier to use.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
They are so freakin cute though!!

I was at a meeting with one of our clients a couple of years back and as I looked out the window I saw two smart cars next to each other in the car park so I said (as I tend to) "oh look, someone has left their roller skates in the car park".

Now how was I to know that our client had replaced their employees big mercs with smart cars!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts