What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a Pet Peeve!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob, for the most part I agree, but a lot of information is on the Internet, and cut & paste is a way to use disseminate that information. The trick is how we process the information. A teacher once taught my wife and I that perspective is everything. His example was a boy and girl on a date. She says; Please! Don't! Stop! He hears; Please don't stop! To some degree, we all hear what we want. My opinion is that an expert is someone who is right more than wrong concerning a subject.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob, for the most part I agree, but a lot of information is on the Internet, and cut & paste is a way to use disseminate that information. The trick is how we process the information. A teacher once taught my wife and I that perspective is everything. His example was a boy and girl on a date. She says; Please! Don't! Stop! He hears; Please don't stop! To some degree, we all hear what we want. My opinion is that an expert is someone who is right more than wrong concerning a subject.

A large part of the net is made up of faulty information. And lots of users simply think it is true, whatever it is. Thousands of web sites are agenda driven and they are not interested in facts. Others that not interested in facts find these sites and they endlessly quote, hoping to sound smart or justify their faulty reasoning and lack of initiative to learn the truth.

Or they simply believe that Site A is accurate because real reporters are writing the stuff. And we all know that these days, they can often be proven wrong with simple research, or they tell the "truth" but out of context to further a lie or faulty idea.

So people copy and paste and think they are serving the forum when they are simply creating a problem for those that really want the truth. Some readers think the poster is correct, and it repeats endlessly.

I will go out in a limb and suggest that more than 53.856% of the web is filled with opinion and not too many facts. And much of that 53.856% is simply reposted junk and not too much original thinking. Or ideas that are unrealistic or lies or BS; their words are then copied and pasted and the cycle continues.

Someone reads something I might post somewhere and they think it is utter BS because it does not mesh with what they believe (that is also wrong) and what a hundred other web sites say, which are also inaccurate or BS.

I recall posting about a specific model of Motorcycle. I knew that the OP was wrong. To prove that I was actually the wrong one, the OP went to the manufacturer's web site and posted the specific info that supported his wrong idea.

The problem was, the manufacturer's web site was also wrong; the web copy was penned by someone that knew nothing about the history of the bike he was writing about on behalf of the manufacturer, of which I know like the back on my hand. I can likely name original part number for any component making up that specific model.

So Bob disagrees with the OP and the manufacturer's site says something different than I say, so who is the reader going to believe, Bob or a foolish unprepared, novice writer who can post the web site and "prove" Bob is full of crap?

Bob

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but you do not have to use the internet for that to be an issue. There is a historical fact about how in an emergency during WW2, one of the outlying airfields used a DC-2 wing to fix a DC-3. When I mentioned this near an uncle, he said it was impossible, and he used to work on the DC-3s. Naturally, my parents told me to shutup and not argue. So who is right? I have seen many stories about this event from different sources. It most likely my uncle was wrong, but........

The world is full of misinformation. I had a guy tell me that he invented a 100 mpg carburetor. I know that this is impossible, but you have hundreds of people that say its true, and half say they invented it or personally knew the guy that did. We would never learn anything if we had to verify all information. I think most people can make reasonable association with reality, but there will always be those who can make up into down, given a chance. Man Made Global Warming is a hot topic, but even among scientists, there is dissent. And the bulk of the world blames the US, but the polution in SE Asia is so bad that it has affected the west coast on occassion. So we go about our merry way and make our choices of who to believe.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And BTW, even experts can be wrong. In a recent reputable magazine about historic aircraft, a B-17 was pictured. It was thought to be a B-17G, but someone said it was a B-17F. Everyone, myself included, thought that the distinction between the B-17F and B-17G was the chin turrents on the B-17G. Turns out that one person knew a little known fact. They made some end of production B-17Fs with the chin turrents. The real distinction was that the B-17G had the chin turrent plus the side gun housings in the nose. Even the editor and staff of the magazine did not know that little fact.

Gloon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biggest pet peeve in the world is kids who are either really cocky kids who are disrespectful to their elders.

Rever3nce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My personal one is that I am left handed and people at work or anywhere really say" omg ur left handed?!". It's like nah I forgot and accidentally put the pen there. Of course I am silly

Reaction score
My older sister is a lefty. When she started kindergarten the teachers tried to force her to be right handed, there was no such thing as a lefty back then.
You wanna talk about weird, my twin brother is truly ambidextrous and ya never know which hand he will write or draw with. His handwriting is about the same with either hand but his drawing skills are much better for doing certain things, such as landscapes or abstract as a lefty and others, such as objects or people as a righty.
My x wife is a lefty, my oldest son is a lefty, my toddler daughter draws righty but writes lefty and throws with either hand equally.
I guess I'm saying I find it weird NOT to see a lefty in the crowd.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Rever3nce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
My older sister is a lefty. When she started kindergarten the teachers tried to force her to be right handed, there was no such thing as a lefty back then.
You wanna talk about weird, my twin brother is truly ambidextrous and ya never know which hand he will write or draw with. His handwriting is about the same with either hand but his drawing skills are much better for doing certain things, such as landscapes or abstract as a lefty and others, such as objects or people as a righty.
My x wife is a lefty, my oldest son is a lefty, my toddler daughter draws righty but writes lefty and throws with either hand equally.
I guess I'm saying I find it weird NOT to see a lefty in the crowd.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

I am ambidextrous myself but mainly left handed. I can write with my right hand just as well as I can with my left but some things do feel weird. Example: playing basketball I have to shoot with my right but I can do layups with my left lol . I broke my left collar bone when I was 15 . So that's where it all started

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I have a new Pet Peeve.

Folks that always find something to bitch about. They have to.

Probably because they have nothing in their lives to say nice things about. You are dead right on that pet peeve.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure this must have been mentioned before but....

When you park in a supermarket parking lot - well away from all the other cars - well, well away from all the other cars - and you come back and find two cars parked *real* close, one on either side of you so you have to *squeeze* to get into your car.

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

When you park in a supermarket parking lot - well away from all the other cars - well, well away from all the other cars - and you come back and find two cars parked *real* close, one on either side of you so you have to *squeeze* to get into your car.

Tim

So annoying and also when you do that and find a scratch from the one car who dared to park next to you and had the audacity to park next to you, only to leave their mark. Grrr.
I hate underground car parks where the pillars are so close together that only a Smart car could fit in between them.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

So annoying and also when you do that and find a scratch from the one car who dared to park next to you and had the audacity to park next to you, only to leave their mark. Grrr.
I hate underground car parks where the pillars are so close together that only a Smart car could fit in between them.

Yes - those pillars - I hate....them. How do they expect a regular car to be able to get into that space?????

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts