What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naked iPad

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RAC said:
Actually that is something that concerned me too. I was even a bit worried about breaking something while getting it in and out of the folio.

I put my finger between the Ipad and the near narrow side of the case and just push a bit toward the flap. Comes right out. I found that's the easiest way to do it. If you try to pull it out ite quite difficult. I take mine out quite s bit to put in the Propup stand altho' I can fit it in but its very tight.

Also, naked I don't find it ias comfortable to hold or type with as in the Apple case or the Propup (with or without the Apple case). My case is 8 going on 9 months and 8 use one of those "eraser" sheets moistened and it cleans up nicely.

Diane

Last edited:

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Targus Truss which I love, but I admit adds bulk. I just can't go without a case-too worried, so another solution for me right now is a neophrene sleeve for transport to work, and in the cheap Bytech kickstand case. The Bytech can be squeezed into the neophrene case. The Bytech case is pretty flimsy, but when at work, covers it enough and iPad stays at my desk, not at risk of falling. The Bytech case is easier to hold too when I'm in bed. If I'm at my desk at home though, I prefer it back in the Truss and then it props up much better. The Bytech is much more flimsy as a stand where the Truss holds it up better-different manner with a groove that it slides into. At work, I use it as a quick reference and not to surf,so I don't need it in a stand, but I can't bear to have it naked with dust galore in the air, just like at home-always covered. I also like it in a case to have a better grip. My work tasks are done on the work desktop all the way. Bot of these cases were gotten not at full price-one's off brand, and then other was gotten on clearance. Just more options for me.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to have a leather portfolio style case, the one that is at best buy and apple store, casemate? I think, the book jacket one..it looked nice and all but then I also had a cute pink gel back that I loved for around the house.... THEN I got the zaggmate. Since I already had a case logic padded sleeve (two actually) to carry around the ipad, the zaggmate fits in this. I use a zagg (dang I sound like a commercial but I really like them) screen protector, embossed leather skin on the back of the ipad and plain leather skin on the bottom of the zaggmate. It looks awesome, still has "nakedness" and at the same time is safer... I have chihuahuas and cats who sometimes get in the way... I don't want to chance a scratch on my screen!

dar512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a retro 'case' that my neighbor made for me. It's made from the leg of an old pair of jeans lined with fleece fabric.

Naked when I use it - protected in transport.

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the apple folio, which makes me feel safe. The iPad looks great naked, but I get scared I'm going to drop it! Its too slippery without it! I'll use it without a case sometimes if I'm in bed, or sat on the sofa, but only occasionally. I also have the incase sleeve that doubles up as a stand, but that barely gets used to be honest.

Jdcell100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RAC said:
When I purchased my iPad I wanted to protect it from damage so I also purchased the Apple folio style cover. As time went by I liked this arrangement less and less.

The "flocked" surface was difficult, if not impossible to clean.
It added to the weight of the iPad in my hands.
Little bits of detritus tended to accumulate around and under the edges.
It looked quite ugly, the naked iPad looks much nicer.

Now I have a simple (Gecko) sleeve for when the iPad is not in use and like this arrangement much better. As an extra precaution I place it face down (in the sleeve) on the coffee table when not in use

It does mean the the iPad is less "drop proof" while in use but I almost always use it while sitting in the lounge room. I do have memories of dropping my Newton Message Pad (and the horrid sound of shattering glass) I must admit.:confused:

The next question is whether to "use protection", for the screen that is:).

Beat case hands down for iPad is sold at target it's made by speck and it's called a dust cover I believe it's between 30 and 40 dollars

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
.Beat case hands down for iPad is sold at target it's made by speck and it's called a dust cover I believe it's between 30 and 40 dollars

It sounds like your another iPad nudist (or is that naturist):).

I quite like the Gecko sleeve which I guess is a padded dust cover. It too cost about $30.

I really do like using the iPad in the raw, as nature intended.

Screamjeanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the folio and a screen protector. The protector takes the glare away a bit, but gets grundy after awhile. I have 2 children who sometimes use my iPad, so it makes me feel better to have a barrier.

Most reactions