What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naive Game Center Question

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Background: I've had my iPad 3 now for 3 months (my 1st Apple device), when I got it I created an Apple ID (which is an email address "[alphanumeric characters]@me.com") & password, both of which I have been using frequently in the App Store, iTunes, etc.

Naive Game Center Question: when I get to the last screen for creating an account, it looks like I'm being asked to create an Apple ID, but I already have one-do I enter my current Apple ID?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you need to enter your password so you can go into your game center account if you ever need to change its settings etc. this also keeps you logged in so you can continue to receive future friends requests. It's been a long time since I created mine, so I don't know if things have changed a little since--but I do remember having to confirm my Password.

OP
Docvan

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I entered existing Apple ID I eventually got the error message that "Apple ID is already in use". So if I enter a new email address as an apple I'd for game center, does that change my existing apple I'd that I use for email, etc?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would change your Apple ID account that you currently have. It is 2 separate things.

Funny though, I use my hotmail acct for both and had no problem.

OP
Docvan

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"DUH" on me! Apparently, when I created my original Apple ID, I automatically created an account at GC! All I had to do was log in with my existing Apple ID! Thanks for bearing with me.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey no problem--sometimes things are not as apparent.

Glad you are on game center! Maybe I will see you around! I play Snoopy, smurfs, dragon ale, etc.

Cheers!

Most reactions