What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mywi, tetherme, PDAnet, etc.

Tydupangel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which tethering wifi do u use?

Is there any repo to get mywi 5.0 for free?

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, there isn't any we can speak of on here. We support the hard work of developers by paying for apps the legal way..

MyWi has. 'Try Before You Buy' option, so if you try it and like it, please pay for it..

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, the necessary stuff said (thank you), I have just been in a conversation with a fellow that indicates the MyWi running on the iPad 2 3g with 5.0.1 & JB - to be used as the Hotspot Server - does not seem to function at all yet. I have MyWi on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 3 WiFi only. The phone is the hotspot and the iPad and my laptop the clients. So far, WiFi tethering works fine, but Bluetooth (MyWi OnDemand and regular Bluetooth Tethering) do not work between the phone and pad. The iPad just will not connect as it had done with my phone 4.2.8 JB/iPad 4.3.3JB setups. I'm giving them (Intelliborn, the developers) more time to get things sorted out.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm... Does anyone know if PDAnet works with iOS5? I have not upgraded the old iPhone, yet, but if there is a chance to lose my hotspot (which is pretty much teh only thing that phone is being used for) then I'd rather keep it on 4.3.3

schwazche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MyWi running on the iPad 2 3g with 5.0.1 & JB - to be used as the Hotspot Server - does not seem to function at all yet. I have MyWi on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 3 WiFi only. <snip> The iPad just will not connect as it had done with my phone 4.2.8 JB/iPad 4.3.3JB setups. I'm giving them (Intelliborn, the developers) more time to get things sorted out.

I can confirm that MyWi no longer works FROM my jailbroken iPad 2 (3G) TO my jailbroken iPhone 4S, or vice-versa with both on 5.0.1. Interestingly enough, either one will work with another downstream device, (my notebook, netbook, etc.) Something seemingly wrong with the Apple-to-Apple connection, at least for me. Hopefully, as you said, we'll hear something soon.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, there isn't any we can speak of on here. We support the hard work of developers by paying for apps the legal way..

MyWi has. 'Try Before You Buy' option, so if you try it and like it, please pay for it..

Yep, and as your second statement explained, it's no twe just can't talk about it here, it's that you shouldn't be a pirate.
Piracy is illegal and wrong, and can be very damaging to Developers. As I have learned.
If developers don't get the money from a tweak or app, they won't have the money to develop new tweaks and apps, so it benefits the user.

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm that MyWi no longer works FROM my jailbroken iPad 2 (3G) TO my jailbroken iPhone 4S, or vice-versa with both on 5.0.1. Interestingly enough, either one will work with another downstream device, (my notebook, netbook, etc.) Something seemingly wrong with the Apple-to-Apple connection, at least for me. Hopefully, as you said, we'll hear something soon.
i am the one brian is talking about. i cannot connect my laptop to my 3g ipad2 on mywi no matter what. i finally got my laptop to actually connect but my laptop hangs on identifying address and will never actually connect and give me internet access. i am talking to mywi threw emails at the molment and they are going to try to figure something out. a jb ipad 2 on ios 5.0.1 is fairly new so i expected some bugs but mywi will not work at all for me.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And also to ￿￿￿￿￿￿￿￿BE PERFECTLY CLEAR, my MyWi running on the iPhone connects via WiFi (and I'm sure USB) to both the iPad and the Laptop just fine. Bluetooth via MyWi does not yet work. I'm sure there is an update to come. This is an expensive package (comparitively), and that makes me a little more confident that they will step up and iron things out.

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And also to ￿￿￿￿￿￿￿￿BE PERFECTLY CLEAR, my MyWi running on the iPhone connects via WiFi (and I'm sure USB) to both the iPad and the Laptop just fine. Bluetooth via MyWi does not yet work. I'm sure there is an update to come. This is an expensive package (comparitively), and that makes me a little more confident that they will step up and iron things out.

but can you use mywi on your ipad to host as a hostspot or do you only have a wifi ipad

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tydupangel said:
Which tethering wifi do u use?

Is there any repo to get mywi 5.0 for free?

Yes this is Piracy.... DO NOT BE A PIRATE...

Thank you to our other members who have pointed this out!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Tydupangel

Tydupangel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mean any harm, I already apologized. U don't have to be a punk about it

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mean any harm, I already apologized. U don't have to be a punk about it

Have caution here, Tydupangel! Leelai is not being a "punk" here - she is a forum moderator who is doing her job in enforcing this forum's rules about piracy (as in, don't do it!).

We also have other rules on this forum; two in particular apply here: (1) Be polite to other forum members (rule #3) and (2) don't publicly criticize the decisions of moderators of this forum (#10).

Maybe this would be a good time for you to re-read the rules of this forum. I've got them in my signature line...

Marilyn
Moderator, iPadForums.net

Most reactions

Latest posts