What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mywi 5.0 on ipad 2 ios 5.0.1

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iphone and MyWi for tethering all the time. Unlike others (probably) I DO have the Verizon PAID tethering plan, which gives 2 Gb to tethered devices... ONLY. Because my only means of accessing the internet is via the iPhone, that 2 Gb is generally not quite enough... and I hate to have skimp too much. So when I get near the limit on the 2gb plan, I can switch the the MyWi and take the rest out of my "unlimited" data pool.

Again, I am presuming that you have 3g on the iPad, as I don't think you said one way or the other, so far. It just has to work, but I say that coming from my usage of it all on the iPhone as the Hotspot server, and the iPad or my Laptop as the client.

Stick in there.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iphone and MyWi for tethering all the time. Unlike others (probably) I DO have the Verizon PAID tethering plan, which gives 2 Gb to tethered devices... ONLY. Because my only means of accessing the internet is via the iPhone, that 2 Gb is generally not quite enough... and I hate to have skimp too much. So when I get near the limit on the 2gb plan, I can switch the the MyWi and take the rest out of my "unlimited" data pool.

Again, I am presuming that you have 3g on the iPad, as I don't think you said one way or the other, so far. It just has to work, but I say that coming from my usage of it all on the iPhone as the Hotspot server, and the iPad or my Laptop as the client.

Stick in there.

Yeah its a 3g ipad 2. I have seen many people say iPhone with ios 5.0.1 works but haven't found anyone on a ipad 2 ios 5.0.1 that works

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i finally got my laptop to recognize the mywi and it will connect but it does not give me an internet connection. when you say wpa2 where are you seeing that at? i only have options for wep securty but not wpa2 settings.

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
also what build are you on brian? 9a405 or 9a406? i am on the 405 and not sure if that makes a difference

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
9A405 is what I see. (took me a minute to figure out what "build" you were talking about. The MyWi version is: 5.05.4

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
9A405 is what I see. (took me a minute to figure out what "build" you were talking about. The MyWi version is: 5.05.4

and to be clear, you are able to use your ipad 2 on ios 5.0.1 as the hotspot hose using mywi? meaning your using your ipad to host the hotspot and not your iphone?

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Inline...

I'm so sorry that I missed your last query. NO!! My iPad is a WiFi only. I am ONLY using the phone as a Hotspot. I did get a message from Intelliborn about a Bluetooth issue with 5.0.1. So they are on the line and answering questions and trying to provide help and information. Hopefully, by this time you have received some info on your particular issue.

Once again, sorry for the staleness of my reply.

Most reactions

Latest posts