mywi 5.0 on ipad 2 ios 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by inline6power, Jan 24, 2012.

1. inline6power

inline6power
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    has anyone been able to get this to work on their ipad 2? i am not sure if mywi has been updated to work with the ipad 2 on ios 5.0.1 or if it has its not working on my pad.

2. inline6power

inline6power
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i want to be able to use my ipad 2 as a hotspot to get internet on my laptop but no matter what i do, mywi will not work. is it just me or is there no support for this yet? sorry very new to apple. always been a droid guy.

3. inline6power

inline6power
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  4. Smok1n

Smok1n
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    As far as I know you must jailbreak to use mywy. There's no jailbreak out for iPad 2 yet.

5. Violinsvin

Violinsvin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    You are incorrect. There is a jailbreak for iPad 5.0.1 available. Regarding mywi, or any other tethering tweaks that i know of at the moment, the problem is, that ios 5 included new Blutooth drivers of some sort, which the developers have not yet had succes to exploit. Intelliborn are working on an update which, hopefully, will hit cydia soon. I hope you found my answer sufficient.

6. inline6power

inline6power
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i did. thanks a million. i figured mywi just wasnt updated or something was wrong. sure do appreciate it and its so nice having a jailbreak ipad 2 rather than stock. WAY better, just would be nice to have a hotspot feature. i still like android for sorts but apple is deff growing on me.

7. Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I just upgraded the iPad 2 to 5.0.1 and re-jailbroke yesterday, and did the same for the iPhone 4 today. MiWi WiFi tethering works just fine (like before) but Bluetooth - and MiWi Bluetooth OnDemand - do not yet. The only advantage of the OnDemand bluetooth connection would be for battery conservation if one had to tether somewhere away from power or auxillary batteries.

8. inline6power

inline6power
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    So you can turn your ipad, into a hot spot and say your laptop can connect to the net threw your ipad? I can't seem to get it to work on mine

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

9. Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    OOps, sorry I didn't find this sooner.

Yes, MyWi works just like it did before, with the exception of the Bluetooth component. I have had MyWi for quite some months now and would be glad to try to help you work through the issue. It does seems to be tricky, and the connection proceedure doesn't go along the same every time. Occassionally I have to reboot one or the other (or both) of the devices. Also I have a shortcut created to a DOS process that releases/renews the IP addressing issued to the Laptop by MyWi. I'm never sure if using it helps, or if it's just me waiting a little longer - which does seem to be part of the proceedure sometimes.

Let me know some more about what you have going and what you have tried so far.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

( I have subscribed to this thread - so I'll get back sooner this time )

#9 Bingoldsby, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  10. Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Can you please tell me where you have found this specific information from Intelliborn, so I may keep an eye on any possible progress. Thanks!

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF