What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mysterious Chime

randyjay156

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every s often, at different intervals, i get a notification chime. i do not have any calendar reminders or appointments set for that to happen, so i am wondering what else might produce this mysterious chime?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every s often, at different intervals, i get a notification chime. i do not have any calendar reminders or appointments set for that to happen, so i am wondering what else might produce this mysterious chime?

It could be new Mail arriving in the background. Check your Mail settings and change everything to manual. Do so can increase battery life as well.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Go to Settings -> Notifications and see what may have Sounds turned on. Apps can use up to 3 different notification types; Sounds, Alerts, Badges. Personally, I have all the Sounds turned off, but Badges and Alerts turned on. Some apps will have only 1 or 2 of the three.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting it for:
New mail
News alert from CNN
new update of an application

OP
R

randyjay156

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turned off all notifications, restarted the ipad and it is still happening. i found that it is email notifications. but since i have it set to off????

Akatess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am STILL trying to figure out what this chime is... I don't see anything new in my sound settings. Anyone know what it is?

Most reactions

Latest posts