What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MyPadExpress.com

kat823

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanting to pass this info along so others can learn from my mistakes...

One of the primary reasons I bought my iPad is because I wanted to load books and such to read as I travel. Being naive, I found a "magical" site that promised me access to thousands of book downloads after paying a one-time fee. Feel free to start laughing at any time...

I paid my $49.99, looked at the catalog of books and promptly sent my email requesting a refund... no reply, and after sending 3 more, have still received no reply and no refund.

Don't be an idiot like me and buy from this site - it's a total SCAM! Just go ahead and check out iBooks & Kindle for iPad... they're great and are reputable companies.

Now, I just consider it a $50 lesson learned~

Dragoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ouch, yeah if they were reputable, theyd of let ya see the list or at least a partial list of books they in their supposed catalog.

I stick with the kindle cause they keep a record of books you purchase and you can download them as many times as you want, on any device that has a kindle app.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the same. Even tho i had Kindle, i thought id be clever and get another scource. No books worth reading, no answer, no refund.

I bought my iPad primarily to read my Kindle books (3 or 4 each week) with a backlit screen. Of course, I've only read 1/2 book since I did that in September, since I fell madly in love with the iPad and I'm so busy playing with it, I no longer have time to read! LOL

Anyway, Kindle is the way to go.....easy, convenient, lots of free books, etc.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got lots of books in EPUB. I mean real books (Vince Flynn, Clive Cussler, Christopher Reich etc') I thought I'll read like a mad man. But then I found the Magazines thing, As soon as I open my iPAD I start reading all those great Magazines. No time for reading real books. Big Big Problem here. ( I never sync with iTune - Just copy directly)
B.T.W - The Internet is fool of books and Magazines- Most Magazine with Good PDFs, Not the scaned ones which are real crap..

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you pay? If with paypal contact them, they should refund your money, if by credit card contact your credit card company, somone should be able to get your money back for you.

OP
K

kat823

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Charmed79... I paid via PayPal and tried to talk to them about it, but they said that I'd have to deal with the vendor, but considering the fact that I haven't received any response, I may try again.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow I really thought they would have done something for you, they make a big deal about using paypal and being protected from getting ripped off. Hope something works out for you, I know how it feels to get a screw job buying something from online.

Most reactions