1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

MyCar Recorder! an app that everyone should consider having.

Discussion in 'iPad App Announcements' started by charles6c, Jun 3, 2012.

1. charles6c

charles6c iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MyCar Recorder! an app that everyone should consider having. [Free]

App Name: MyCar Recorder Lite

Requires iOS 5.0 or later

App Store Link: App Store - MyCar Recorder Lite

Just read a news article in Taiwan and it mentioned that a car owner was able to discover the guy that's behind his messed up wind shield by using the car recorder app!
    So just thought car recorder app is being more and more valuable.
    With the background recorder function that this app has, you can just turn the app on to background mode, and use any other apps as you wish! or just simply leave it there.
    More features are introduced down below.

Hope this app can help :) any feedback to improve the app is appreciated.

Feature:
    (1)Recycle recording
    (2)Auto separate to several segments while recording
    (3)Video player
    ● Easy to search the files by date and time
    ● Play/Pause/Fast forward/Fast Backward functions
    (4)Emergency call
    ● Fast dialing interface
    ● Emergency contact list management
    (5)Current date display
    (6)Current speed display (Requires GPS)
    (7)Configurable
    ● Default reserved storage
    ● Video resolution and quality(android 2.2 or higher)
    ● 320x240 (QVGA)
    ● 480x320 (HVGA)
    ● 640x480 (VGA)
    ● 800x480 (WVGA)
    ● 1280x720 (WXGA)
    ● Screen brightness sleeping time
    ● Measurement units of speed
    ● You can choose to use GPS or not
    (8)Records tracks(requires GPS)
    (9)Current location display(requires GPS and network)
    (10)Play video and tracks synchronously(requires GPS and network)
    (11)Allow you to mark important records. (Marked records will not be overwritten.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. marsm

marsm iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    This is cool, but how do you "attach" your iPhone to be on the dash to record - not ths safest thing in the world to be driving and recording with one hand?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. charles6c

charles6c iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since you would be needing a car charger to have this app running for hours, you can usually have it connected and placed it in front of you in a way so that it will be stabilized.
    Some cars have car holders which will definitely be suitable for this case. That is the ideal case if you can get your hand one one.
    If not, then probably you can probably put it in a tissue box near the windshield to hold it up.

Thanks for the feedback, hope this answers your question :)
    Please let me know if you have thought of any other innovative ways to set it up without a car holder.

By the way, it is useful when you are not driving as well, maybe even more so depending on how you look at it.
    Since when you are not around your car, that's when most unfortunate things might happen without any witnesses.
    If you can place it in the car while you are away for awhile, it can definitely picked up anyone that is trying to mess up with your car especially the windshield.
    Hope this helps :)
  4. idave23

idave23 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Maybe it's just me but when I'm not with my car I usually want to have the iPad/iPhone with me that this app would be used with to record the goings-on around the car. I guess if you have an extra one laying around you're not using it would be useful.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. charles6c

charles6c iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the feedback. I can definitely see where you are coming from. This is my point of view, might not be correct but you can hear it out. Most people usually have their device with them, since they usually placed it in their pockets and it's just rational to leave the car with your iPad/iPhone.
    But as we all know, a lot of times we just bring it with us even if we aren't going to need it, since it's just not a hassle to carry it around.
    I just think it's more of a habit thing, if you have a habit using it as a car recorder, the likelihood increases for you to leave it on the car when you are away say for within 2 hours.

Good feedback tho :), I'm actually just like you before I started using the app for awhile. Will put more thought into getting around this issue.
  6. hpulmer

hpulmer iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Definitely not just you!
    Keeping a precious iDevice in the car while being away is like shouting "I have a lot of cash in my pocket, come rob me!"
    Though might come handy while driving...?

Edited: description in the German Appstore is pretty freaky, what did you use for translation?
    Also, light version for testing would be great!
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. charles6c

charles6c iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "I have a lot of cash in my pocket, come rob me!" LOL nice one.
    I can see what you mean here, but people generally won't break into a car simply because they see an iDevice in it.

Ya like you said it's mainly used when you are driving, only that the news article that I read brought me to the use of it when you aren't driving.
    I might have put too much emphasis on the non-driving part.

hahha thanks for the heads up for the description in the German Appstore.
    Haven't been here around long enough, but I'll definitely report this issue.
    The free version is actually the lite version. App Store - MyCar Recorder Lite
    Must have put up the wrong link. Thanks for noticing! I'll have it updated immediately.

Thanks a tons man, your feedback really helped me big time :D
  8. charles6c

charles6c iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I actually asked around and since we don't have anyone who knows German, we used the google translator for our translation in German.
    That must be why LOL Do you happen to know any other translation websites that usually do a better English-German Translation? Thanks a lot. :)
  9. hpulmer

hpulmer iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Translation sucks if you cannot check what the machine actually translated - human translation is best.
    Yes, this is an offer - just send it to me as PM in english - I will be on a 10 hour flight and would have something intelligent to do ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,027 / 0
    That's a very nice offer of help to the OP! Thanks, hpulmer!
  11. hpulmer

hpulmer iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    To do some good from time to time doesn't hurt ;o)
    But it is generally like that in the German Appstore that the descriptions are translated using a web service - in earlier days when you let the same service re-translate the text back to the originla language you had quite some fun, so this is not really the way how to check if your translation was good or not...
    However I very often think it might be better to keep the text in english and just write a short introduction in German.

So, OP, the offer is real - not just for the descriptive text, but also for the text/ words inside the app. I just downloaded it to both my iPhone and my iPad - the latter unfortunately being WIFI only and therefore without GPS :eek:(

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠
    • Like Like x 1
  12. charles6c

charles6c iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much. Really appreciate it a lot! Thank you once again! Along with all your valuable feedbacks :)
  13. charles6c

charles6c iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks a lot again! LOL feel like I'm having myself on repeat here :p ya that's what I find when I see chinese-english translation myself XD
    Ya I'll report the short introduction in German too. Makes sense to me. Most people in German knows English as well (at least the ones I got to know :)) and perhaps a short introduction can limit the embarrassment of translation errors hahaha
    Thanks a lot then!
    Feel free to follow us on Facebook!
    I just got around, but I'm trying to propose/find a way to reward our best users! :D
    Feel free to let me know if you will like to see any improvements. We really value your opinion :)
  14. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Just an idle thought here........I wouldn't be encouraging anyone, in the UK at least, to leave an iDevice in their car when they are not in it. If they do the chances are that not only will the windows be smashed or locks bust but that the iDevice will be long gone......just sayin'!

The Archangel
  15. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,027 / 0
    I wouldn't recommend leaving an idevice in the car anywhere--it would be gone in a heartbeat if left in the car here in the States or anywhere for the matter!
  16. charles6c

charles6c iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ya didn't really see it from the point of view from different countries. Was just basing it on Taiwan. But ya I should have added "cover your iDevice up when you leave your car" since just the camera lens need to be shown. :) Thanks
  17. charles6c

charles6c iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hahahah maybe it's just safer in Taiwan then. :) you can see how it's like here sometime XD
  18. charles6c

charles6c iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MycarRecorderlite_IOS.jpgAdditional picture for more clarification! Has been gaining popularity recently as well :)
  19. curtschillingcs

curtschillingcs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for share! Will try it now!
  20. hpulmer

hpulmer iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    there is another similar app available for free: triprec...