What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my wifi stopped working please help

OP
H

howieb123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the Genius bar was no help they ran diagnostic which turned out fine and then updated the firm ware by doing and DFU on the ipad but neither of these fixed the problem. After coming home i have removed the security on my router and this didn't help either I am out of ideas but if any body has any suggestions please give them to me i am desperate.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What bands and modes are your router using? If it's exclusively on the 5GHz band and using one of the newest modes it might not works with the older iPad.

I'm pretty much grasping at straws here, since you said it worked on this router before; but maybe there was a setting change in the router, or a firmware update?

I can't remember if we had you restart the router, but doing that again wouldn't hurt.

OP
H

howieb123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is what i found is this what you are asking?
upload_2015-4-3_21-3-36.png

OP
H

howieb123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i know it is strange i have found 2 stores that my wifi works 1 has a pass word and 1 does not but i cant figure out what is different with these two and all of the rest of the wifi that i have checked

i was able to connect to my router after making it a guest account but i was not able to connect the internet so that didnt work and my phone worked fine on the guest account

Most reactions

Latest posts