What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my wifi stopped working please help

howieb123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad 3 will not connect to network any where but in the phone store

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums.

Have you tried resetting network settings? To do so, go to Settings>General>>Reset>Reset Network Settings. This won't delete any data but you will have to re enter passwords for sites that normally remember you.

I've deleted the other thread you started on this same topic as duplicate posts can confuse any resulting conversation, making it hard to follow as well as being against our rules.

OP
H

howieb123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for removing the other post, to answer your question yes i have reset the network settings, replaced the wifi flex,and restored the ipad to the original settings. i don't know of any thing else to try i just hope that i can find someone to help me.

OP
H

howieb123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes and i have tried another router and three different locations like mcdonalds but the only place that the wifi will work is the phone shop that i had the wifi flex replaced

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible that the WiFi cable, connections, or antenna were damaged during the repair. Maybe the phone shop has an especially powerful WiFi router and your iPad is still able to connect when it won't connect to WiFi at other locations.

OP
H

howieb123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can see all of the routers but when i try to connect it tells me unable to join network or incorrect password but the password is correct and my phone can connect to all of these places

OP
H

howieb123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the ipad is doing the same before and after the wifi flex was changed

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you had the iPad in for repair, was a full diagnostic done? If not, you could have one done at the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple Store. This would tell if there were any hardware or firmware issues causing the WiFi connection problems.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, this is pure guess. Was the phone shop wi-fi network open (no password) and are the other networks you are trying to connect to secure (you need a password)?

If so, you need to make sure you choose the right security protocol when connecting for the first time. Almost all private networks use WPA2. If you chose the wrong one on the first attempt, you need to forget that network and try to connect again.

Without more details, that's all I can think of.

OP
H

howieb123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 i have not done this but i will try this if the next time i am at the apple store do you know what this cost?

twerppoet both of my house routers have a password and the phone store does also, but the 3 stores like mcdonalds do not.
also the ipad was working fine then one day it would not connect, but my phone works fine ( i have forgot the network and retried on my phone and the ipad this works on my phone but not my ipad so my passwords and settings for my router seem to be correct).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Genius Bar appointments and the diagnostic are free. If service is warranted as a result of the diagnostic they'll tell you what it will cost.

OP
H

howieb123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do i have to make an appointment for the Genius bar? I am thinking about going by the apple store tomorrow.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do i have to make an appointment for the Genius bar? I am thinking about going by the apple store tomorrow.
It's not absolutely required that you have an appointment but you could be kept waiting for quite a while if you don't have an appointment. Call today for the appointment.

Most reactions

Latest posts