What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My wifi is perfect for a month then gone for a while then back again??

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
If you seem to loose the connection over wifi, try this:

1-assign a static ip address in your iPad like 192.168.0.200/255.255.255.0 and set dns as 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4 (google dns). This will validate if you loose the physical link with wifi or if it is just a dhcp server problem.

2 - check the length of the lease for an ip served by dhcp and validate if it matches the timeouts

3 - check in your router what channel is used (auto, or up to 11)... Often setting a fixed channel will fix the problem.

4 - when the problem is happening, look if you have duplicated ips in your router status. This can happen if another device or computer is configured with a static address in the range of the dhcp server...

Waiting for your results...

VicoPad addict!

OP
C

Catwilxan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I haven't used the hole in the back of the router so will try that. I will also try changing the security to see if that makes a difference. I may also ring belkin again to get them to check it. Failing all that I will go for a new router, is there a particular type I should consider that works best for my iPad? I can't believe how much I use it every day! Best thing ever :-D

I appreciate all your thoughts on this, it is nice to speak to people who will actually listen. Thank you!

OP
C

Catwilxan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay! I have had enough stress worrying about this issue, so I bit the bullet and went and got a new modem/router and all is perfect! Thanks one and all, I am putting this down to a faulty belkin product. Life shall now go on ;-))

Most reactions

Latest posts