What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My websites in my reading list say Not available for offline reading

ellamurillo23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a million items on my reading list. I love to use it. The items on it are all from the same website because it is fanfiction and I wanted to access a page but when I selected it it said Safari cannot open the page because it is not available for offline reading. This is weird because I have accessed this page before offline and it has worked. I have also tried to resave said page to reading list and its still not working.This just happend recently.

If anyone could help me

Thanks
Ella

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like Safari may just be acting up on you.

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. If you have updated to IOS7 - just swipe up on the image above the app icon to close it. If on an earlier OS - Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. If still no joy a restart is the next step and then a reset if still having troubles.

Restart - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Force close Safari:
Double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar.
In iOS 6: tap and hold the app icon until it starts to wiggle, delete it.
In iOS 7: slide the thumbnails (pictures) above the app icons towards the top of the screen.

Wait for a minute, then open the browser again and try to open a site on your reading list.

If this doesn't help:
Go to Settings - iCloud - Safari and disable Safari. Keep the data, if they're not used on another Apple device. Otherwise delete them. Wait for a few minutes, then enable Safari again in Settings - iCloud and try to view sites from your reading list.

You could also try to restart your iPad - turn it off, wait for a few minutes and turn it on again.

Last option: reset your iPad. You won't lose data or settings when you do this.
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Then release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts