What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My visit to San Antonio

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I Arrived in San Antonio a few hours ago to attend the World Science Fiction Convention, which starts on Thursday. Here are some photos I took at the Alamo about an hour ago. image-4097999693.jpg image-3548100088.jpg image-2389872326.jpg image-966818999.jpg.

image-2635333031.jpg This building is the Long Barracks, where most of the Alamo defenders died.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi SciFi... - I've been to San Antonio a half dozen times and have visited the Alamo on every visit - I'm an American history buff and particularly like living in the Carolina-Virginia area (so much Revolutionary & Civil War history) - BUT in south Texas, plenty of great history there & interesting sites to visit - the River Walk w/ the boat rides, shops, & restaurants, the various museums, the Tower, the other shopping areas, and so much more - AND, then traveling outside of San Antonio to the missions, hill country & Austin - just a lot of places to experience - OH, I go on too much - HOPE that you had a good time there! Dave :)

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is only my first day in San Antonio. I'm there for a total of 10 days. The world Science Fiction Convention starts on Thursday and runs until Monday.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is only my first day in San Antonio. I'm there for a total of 10 days. The world Science Fiction Convention starts on Thursday and runs until Monday.

BOY - 10 days! Plenty to do in San Antonio, but if you have a chance to get out of the city, then visit Austin & the Hill Country (map below) - Fredericksburg is a great stop; plus, if you're into wine, Texas makes them! The LBJ ranch is also an interesting visit of the operation of an American presidency back in the '60s; the Spanish missions are fun, too - hope that you enjoy and please post back. Dave :)

Texas-hill-country-map.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Have a great time there! :)
Is there a chance that you could also post pictures of the convention somewhere?

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some photos of of the Riverwalk between my hotel and the convention centre. image-637530914.jpg image-2213308450.jpg

image-3507035587.jpg

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here are some photos of of the Riverwalk between my hotel and the convention centre.

Riverwalk is wonderful - nice to be able to walk to the Convention Center - that hotel looks familiar - which one (if you know)? Dave :)

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Riverwalk is wonderful - nice to be able to walk to the Convention Center - that hotel looks familiar - which one (if you know)? Dave :)
The buildings in the first and third photos are part of the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, the location of most of the program for the World Science Fiction Convention. The second photo shows the Marriott Riverwalk hotel.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A beautiful place.

I've seen something like this once in a documentation, but forgotten where it was.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love those night shots Robert with the Alamo lit up like that. Just a thought. Is there a souvenir shop there selling Davie Crockett hats?
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions