What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My totally out-of-character addiction

KrisTi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm unbelievably new to this, LOL, and I'm also unbelievably addicted :)

When I met my husband, I had an ancient PC that i used for Word and email, period. I had a radio with an antenna that could play cassettes. Ditto with my car, which also featured manual locks and windows that required you to physically roll them up and down. My TV was 19 inches (?) and sat on the counter. Id never heard of digital cable.

He tossed my TV after 6months of dating, and everything else gradually followed despite a great deal of foot dragging on my part.
He said my hatred of all things electronic was the only thing that gave him second thoughts about marrying me, LOL

SO, when he buys me things like MP3 players, digital cameras etc., I'm always mildly annoyed; doesn't this man know me?

I have come to like a few - the camera comes in handy, but when he bought me this IPad I hit the roof: "you spent HOW much?" & "I already HAVE a PC, why do I need a portable one?" & "can you take it back???" - all I could think of was the amount of things I LIKE that I could've bought with $500.

BUT, here I am, 3 months later, and I CANNOT put the d*mn thing down! I use it for everything. Constantly. Even take it to BED.

I even... (hard for me to admit this) READ on it; I haven't been to the library in over a month. I felt sort of guilty at first; settling into bed with an iBook just seemed wrong, but wow - I can read in bed WITH my husband sleeping - even switch books without getting up. Amazing.

I've never owned a cell phone, and have sworn I never will. It's a matter of principle. (Ok, thats BS, but become accessible 24/7? Demonic. It would only be a matter of time until my mother snooped or bribed someone to get my number - then what? Migraines?Alcoholism? Insanity?) ...but the*iPhone has me sorely tempted... all those fitness, GPS, local info apps... apps...

So, anyway, that's me. I'm going to go re-read the tips section here, then wrap up the night googling "top twenty ipad apps" for the zillionth time to see if I can scrounge up something new that I absolutely can't live without.

Btw, I'm currently obsessed with fitness apps, if you know of any good ones, let me know! ;)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forum from Scotland and many thanks for your great introduction. I take my iPad to bed too and get up early each morning for some serious quality iPad time. Don't hesitate to post any questions you might have.

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello from uk too! Yes, I can see you are becoming like the rest of us. Absolutely addicted and also morning and night. My iPad sits there and says pick me up! I'm sure it does!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum, KrisTi! Enjoyed your post, too funny! but sounds like a lot of us - refusing to get with the future... NOT ME!!! I love change! I LOVE my iPad too! You will find a lot of us on this forum that take the iPad to bed, bathroom, work, school, everywhere.... it seems to be a device you can't live without once you have it for a while. You will find lots of great folks here to help if you need it also. Hope to see more of your comments on the forum.

Chiky

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm unbelievably new to this, LOL, and I'm also unbelievably addicted :)
<snip>
Can't live without my iPhone. Can't live without my iPad. However, two words that may comfort you: off switch. They both have them. ;)

Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts