What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Spokane Trip

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some Hugo Awards from previous Worldcons being set up for display during the convention which starts tomorrow morning.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The people creating these costumes certainly went to great effort. Did they make them available for the exhibit?

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The people creating these costumes certainly went to great effort. Did they make them available for the exhibit?
Every costume is hand made, some taking months to complete. The costumes are loaned to the convention by their owners. Friday night will be exciting as it's the night of the masquerade, where dozens of newly designed costumes will be shown and judged on their workmanship and presentation.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every costume is hand made, some taking months to complete. The costumes are loaned to the convention by their owners. Friday night will be exciting as it's the night of the masquerade, where dozens of newly designed costumes will be shown and judged on their workmanship and presentation.
This event is one of the best parts of such a convention.. makes me wish I were there.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Every World Science Fiction Convention has a business meeting where motions affecting procedures and the WSFS constitution are considered and debated. The business meeting videos are posted on the Worldcon events YouTube channel.

Here are a few photos of today's business meeting.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apparently Jason Snell and Dan Moren of Apple Blogging (Six Colors) and podcasting fame are in attendance, and will be doing some live podcasting at some point.

Or so I heard in a 'very' recent podcast.

It would be cool to meet them, but I'm too lazy (and broke) to drive to Spokane and pay for tickets (or i'd already be there looking you up). :)

Most reactions

Latest posts