What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Problems Since Upgrading.

Skydogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have list sound in some of my apps since the upgrade, the same thing has happened with my wife's IPad.
One of these apps is the ITunes Festival app. Looking at the same videos on YouTube, they play fine. Any ideas.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have list sound in some of my apps since the upgrade, the same thing has happened with my wife's IPad. One of these apps is the ITunes Festival app. Looking at the same videos on YouTube, they play fine. Any ideas.

Pull up the Control Center and make sure you don't have the iPad muted. Or check the side switch. Depends on what you have the side switch set to do.

Mute is only supposed to affect system sounds and alarms/alerts, but it is up to the developer to decide whether it affects their app. For some reason Apple seems to have messed up with their own app and Mute will turn off sounds for iTunes Festival. Google's YouTube app does not.

Last edited:

kaerophil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't like the look, so plain and bare looking, but that's not so important.
The install went very smoothly, I was lucky compared to some here. But what does bug me is the crashing with certain pages, ones that ran fine before. I use an interactive map site as I read the game of thrones books, just won't work now, starts to load then crashes. In Mail any emails that are only partially downloaded will not download when I push the link at the bottom, just can't read them now. That's all so far, not too bad compared to some but two very annoying ones for me.

My wife downloaded iOS7 on her iPad mini and she lost all her Google contacts and her photos. It took over half an hour with Apple Support on the phone to figure out how to get them back. So much for an improved operating system.

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did what you suggested with no improvement I'm afraid. The website is - quartermaester.info - it worked fine on my iPad before the update on both Safari and Puffin, although very slightly choppy in puffin. It won't even load in Safari now but in Puffin it will load but will do nothing more, I can't pinch, slide, or enlarge the map, just won't move. I too am beginning to see a fast drain on my battery like some others have mentioned. All in all I wish I had not upgraded, but I appreciate the help offered here, thank you.

It maybe the browser plugins no longer work or respond. Have you tried using google opera or Firefox for the web page?
I use atomic and most browser plugins that didn't work in safari /ios6 I could around w/in atomic.

HTH.

Most reactions

Latest posts