My Photos

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Larryfgraver, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Larryfgraver

Larryfgraver
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    what happened to My Photo and Photo Stream in IOS 8

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The images you had in Camera Roll before the update, are now in "Recently Added" in Photos - Albums.

The photos that were in PhotoStream before, can still be found in Photos - Photos.

3. Larryfgraver

Larryfgraver
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Tried, but can't find my Photos or my Photo stream

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    PhotoStream doesn't exist any more. The pictures you had there are now somewhere in Photos - Photos - Collections.

The folders that existed in iOS 7x were Camera Roll, Imported, Last Import, several folders from apps that saved images to the iPad, and PhotoStream. There was no "My Photo" folder afaik, unless you created it. The photos there were still in Camera Roll, so you'll find them in "Recently Added" now, as well as in Photos - Photos - Years/Collections/Moments.

#4 J. A., Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Photo Stream still exists, but only as a service. It just works in the background now. You can turn it on/off in the Photos settings.

With Photo Stream turned on, photos from your other devices show up on the iPad looking like they were taken on the iPad. The only difference I've notices is that when you try to edit a Photo Streamed photo it prompts you to make a duplicate first.

Another change is that the streamed photos are no longer temporary. They will stay in iCloud unless you delete them manually.

This is another step in the direction Apple is going to go with Photos, keeping all but the most recent in iCloud, accessible to all your Apple devices independent of which one took the photo.

6. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    The loss of control in iOS8 Photos is appalling. No longer can I reorder synced albums, which are now strictly alphabetical, nor can they be mixed with "created" albums (smart folders). Date order is not useful to me, as I have hundreds of old 35mm slides, scanned at different times, that need to be grouped and ordered according to their content.

Anyone recommend a third-party app to organize my photos?

The rest of iOS8 seems fine, if a bit slower on my iPad3.

7. MemphisMark

MemphisMark
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    oneSafe Pix gives you all that, as well as password protecting individual folders.