What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my photos upside down??

triathlon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi First time i've used this forum - help please.

New to mac and just purchased ipad 2 . When i email a photo it appears upside down. Tried to save to my PC ( Windows 7 - Microsoft 2010 applications) and still upside down. Help please.
Thank you

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a known issue.

This are the General rules. BUT it can be reversed regarding the mean being used to transmit the photo and/or the target getting the photo.

taking a picture with the "Home" button facing right it will make your pictures look upside down.
taking a picture with the "Home" button facing left it will make your pictures look "Correct".

taking a picture with the "Home" button on the bottom will make your pictures look pointed to the Side.

when you download them or email them, however, if the "Home" button is facing right, they are right side up....

OP
T

triathlon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I have already taken the photos and they cannot be repeated, desperate to get them onto my computer as they are "family" photos and need to work with them. Is there anything i can do with the photos i have taken to save them the right way up on the microsft PC. Is there any app?

It is a known issue.

This are the General rules. BUT it can be reversed regarding the mean being used to transmit the photo and/or the target getting the photo.

taking a picture with the "Home" button facing right it will make your pictures look upside down.
taking a picture with the "Home" button facing left it will make your pictures look "Correct".

taking a picture with the "Home" button on the bottom will make your pictures look pointed to the Side.

when you download them or email them, however, if the "Home" button is facing right, they are right side up....

ziggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a known issue.

Thanks for these suggestions, but for me, no matter which way the home button is facing when I take OR email the photo, it always appears upside down when received. I've tried all combinations I can think of. Any new answers out there?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can rotate them quite easily on Windows. Just find them in explorer, right click on them, and choose rotate clockwise twice... :)

Waki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upside down

People just don't seem to understand. The pictures are being forwarded normally and arrive upside down. Just started. Can't anyone help . Steve ???

Gaybinator2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
You can rotate them quite easily on Windows. Just find them in explorer, right click on them, and choose rotate clockwise twice... :)

Brand new to iPad. I have problem of emailed photos arriving upside down. They appear normal in the gallery of photos. Besides bugging my friends, I sometimes send photos to folks that will only give me one second of their time - if it's not right - it sucks to be me.

Also, I've tried using the USB to hook to my Windows PC and it doesn't recognize it. Read elsewhere on this forum to rotate photos in Windows. How does one get the photos on the PC? Doesn't seem very practical - why have an iPad?

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Gab.

Just to help with your USB to PC.
After you connect open Windows Explorer.
Then computer.
Then you should see "your name" iPad.
Then Internal storage.
Then DCIM.
Then open one or more folders.
You should then see any photos or videos that are in your Camera Roll.

Gaybinator2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PeterJMelb said:
Hi Gab.

Just to help with your USB to PC.
After you connect open Windows Explorer.
Then computer.
Then you should see "your name" iPad.
Then Internal storage.
Then DCIM.
Then open one or more folders.
You should then see any photos or videos that are in your Camera Roll.

It works! Thank you.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Gab.

A pleasure to help.
Re your photo received upside down.
I have had that some time ago.
So I just sent a photo to myself using a photo in Camera Roll.
It received the right way.
So give it another try.

Gaybinator2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PeterJMelb said:
Hi Gab.

A pleasure to help.
Re your photo received upside down.
I have had that some time ago.
So I just sent a photo to myself using a photo in Camera Roll.
It received the right way.
So give it another try.

Don't know how to respond, except with quote. I think the problem may have been that I was sending directly from the camera roll, instead of inserting directly in the email.

Most reactions

Latest posts