What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My only Dislike of the Ipad2 is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only Dislike of the Ipad2 is the rear camera set up..To me that is a waste of space on the unit and i cover the camera with a piece of tape before putting on the hard rubber case on the ipad2 model ..

I do like the face time video with the family and kids along with makeing video message to them and sending it to them ..

Plus if i'm going to take picture's i use the 35 mm digtal camera i have to that

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
As proven by the photo thread, other than the small size you can find a sweet spot and tack very decent photos with both ipad2 cameras.

My biggest and most horrid gripe with the ipad2 is the bloody auto correct function. It's complete crappola

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I want a camera I will use a real camera. I'm indifferent to the "cameras" on the iPad.

My biggest gripe so far is the unacceptable file-transfer mess, partocularly as it applies to photos. There's GOT to be better way. If I were buying again it just might be a deal-breaker.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It was never intended as a photography camera. It is primarily for video. And if you like FaceTime, consider the advantage of being able to show the other person what you are looking at without trying to turn the iPad around and center the picture without being able to see the screen.

It's also good enough for quick pictures for inventory, scanning bar codes, and documenting stuff.

Last edited:

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As proven by the photo thread, other than the small size you can find a sweet spot and tack very decent photos with both ipad2 cameras.

My biggest and most horrid gripe with the ipad2 is the bloody auto correct function. It's complete crappola

Is there a way to turn it off with a JB?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

You don't need jailbreak for that. Just go to Settings > General > Keyboard and turn it off. You also lose spell checking, but at least your mistakes will be your own.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My gripe is crummy photo management -- can't do much on the iPad, and iTunes puts your photos in the order it wants, not the order you want.

I didn't see much point for a camera in iPad except for video calling, but it turns out that I've had a couple of unexpected uses -- essentially using the camera as a so-so scanner when needed, and once I thought I dropped something behind the dryer, but didn't want to climb on top to check; I used my iPad camera to "look" behind the dryer and watched the screen like it was a periscope.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com

But it's better on than off. Better of the 2 evils.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Several gripes, most of which have been mentioned by others...

() iTunes is a terrible, patched together combination of app store, music manager, and file manager. Hopefully, iOS 5 will resolve some of the obvious problems.

() Absence of true storage management. Likely to remain problematic in non-JB iPads since user management of files apparently runs counter to Apple's "philosophy."

() My biggest gripe is more subtle. I purchased the iPad as a "family" device. I share it with my 6 y/o daughter and would like to have separate "logins" and associated pass codes and app access for each user as I have on her hand-me-down PC. Simply not possible where the presumption is that the device is "personal," like a phone. But the iPad isn't a phone. It's not even an iPod Touch. It's a device that everyone in the family uses.

The best workaround is to dedicate one of the "pages" to my daughter's apps and segregate her music into a specific playlist. It's not a deal breaker but it's a PITA to look around each time I pick up the iPad to find that my little darling has moved Angry Birds from the shared apps to her screen. :p

JWKessler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was disappointed by the camera, however on a resent trip the battery died on my real camera and the iPad saved the day, taking serviceable, if not terrific pix. Still, why not use the iPhone camera in the iPad? Maybe that is being saved for the iPad 3.

I suppose my biggest gripe is the fact that it is too easy to bump my fat fingers into sections of the screen that I didn't intend to touch. I'll be reading a news story and suddenly find myself someplace totally different with no clue as to how to get back to where I wanted to be. Maybe what is needed is a "back" button like on a browser that will return you back to where ever you were last.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score

But it's better on than off. Better of the 2 evils.

Should be allowed to edit or modify it manually, though. Like a dictionary file in a word processor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions