What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new iPad will be in my hands in 3 hours

mrp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good afternoon to you all

I am a young senior who has just purchased a new iPad

I love photography ( I will be downloading raw files onto my iPad & then putting them on to my computer when I get home), thoroughly enjoy listening to music, love to read, and enjoy watching movies on my home theater.

That is why I want an iPad

So tell me, is the iPad the right choice fopr me?

Look forward to hearing from a number of you out there as I have no idea on how to get those apps to my iPad & I have heard that apps are what makes the iPad so much fun

Stephen

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have put camera raw files (Canon .CR) on my iPad, however I haven't figured out how to get them off of the iPad, Jpegs, are no problem to get off. I haven't tried too hard to do it yet, so maybe someone could chime in and help us both.

To get apps onto your iPad you will find an app already installed called "App Store", tap on it to go the Apple App store. However there are 100s of thousand of apps to choose from, very confusing. And easier way to find things is to search by categories, such as PHOTOS or Photography, this will quickly bring you a list of photo apps to choose from. Tap on the icon for the app that looks interesting and it will take you to the page with a description of the app and even a customer ratings list.

I recommend that you get these apps to help you learn the iPad and find apps:

AppAdvice - list the new apps that are available and a short review of them.

AppShopper - more of a listing and categories type of list

AppStart - Gives tips and advice on how to get the most out of your iPad, and list some of the the best apps in each category.

I'm 69 years old, does that make me a senior yet? I think I've got a, too short, way to go yet.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lots and lots of photography apps on the store.
The ones I'd recommend are Photo fx, Filterstorm. Photogene and Retouch.
Frankly the screen of the iPad is too small for editing work which is better done on a desktop, but it's a great way to review your photos when your away from home, and show them off :)

Rather than copy them from the iPad, keep your photos on the camera card and only copy them onto the pad. That way they can easily be downloaded to your main computer for serious editing.

Most reactions

Latest posts