What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my new ipad shlould be new not used from another person !!!!

fantastic1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my new Ipad air 16 gb wifi in 21/1/2014 from shop in syria and when enter the apple site to see the Warranty Expiration date I was surprised when i saw ((Warranty Exp: january 19 , 2015 )) after that I do jailbreak and install itools to check the Warranty more time
but i see ((purchased : january 19,2014 and warranty exp : january 19,2015 ))
so I wonder why the Warranty Exp is not (( 21/1/2015)) and why purchased date (( january 19,2014)) not 21 and I wonder if the Ipad that i bought is new or used !!!!!!!!!
should i return this ipad to the Seller ????

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Well this is unusual and I don't gave an explanation for it.

Was the iPad in a sealed box? If it was sealed it should be a brand new one.....I'm not even sure if refurbished ones are yet available.

Contacting the shop to enquire why this is would be a good start......hopefully others may know more.

Please do not post twice on your issue as it divides the information given and makes it confusing for members to follow. It is also against our Forum Rules, your other post has now been deleted.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It seems highly unlikely that someone bought it, returned it, and it got repacked and sold again within 2 days. If it was in a sealed box and was not obviously used I would not worry about this.

OP
F

fantastic1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems highly unlikely that someone bought it, returned it, and it got repacked and sold again within 2 days. If it was in a sealed box and was not obviously used I would not worry about this.
when i open the box for the first time i am notice there is A very small hole at the tip of the device then quickly contacted the seller, but the seller refused to return the device after two days i checked the Warranty purchased date and The result was in the Post Previous

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
when i open the box for the first time i am notice there is A very small hole at the tip of the device then quickly contacted the seller, but the seller refused to return the device after two days i checked the Warranty purchased date and The result was in the Post Previous

A very small hole at the tip of the iPad? Can you say more about this small hole? Where exactly is it and how big is it? How could someone put a very small hole on an iPad? Can you upload a picture of the hole?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the very small hole in one of these locations? If so, it's for one of the two microphones on the iPad Air. image-3488692476.jpg

image-1879701623.jpg

Last edited:
OP
F

fantastic1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the very small hole in one of these locations? If so, it's for one of the two microphones on the iPad Air. View attachment 52714

View attachment 52715
hole is not the basis of the device and it is possible to be caused by a blow or fall
And I have no relationship with it and it exist when i opened the box of the device for first time
And these images by

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hole is not the basis of the device and it is possible to be caused by a blow or fall And I have no relationship with it and it exist when i opened the box of the device for first time And these images by http://www.m5zn.com/out.php?code=15160873 http://www.m5zn.com/out.php?code=15160871
That looks like it was caused by some kind of impact. If the seller sold it to you as new, he was deceiving you. Am I correct in assuming that the iPad wasn't bought at an Apple Store or an authorized reseller?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see that the iPad was produced for sale in Mexico and was purchased by you in Syria, definitely not an authorized reseller. If the seller won't take back the iPad, you're likely out of luck, as the standard Apple warranty doesn't cover accidental damage like yours appears to be. The damage likely occurred between the time the iPad was purchased in Mexico and when it was sold to you.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just find this both hard to believe and sad. Sad part is you got ripped off by someone selling you a used iPad as new. The hard part is how did it get from Mexico to Syria in two days? Am I understanding this part correctly? That seems unlikely.

While it is likely too late to do anything now, always buy from a source you can trust. That may be harder to do where you live, but here in the US I would only buy an apple product from a big box store like best buy, target or the apple store. Never from a mom and pop, eBay, or a person. Too much can go wrong.

Let's hope that your iPad at least works correctly. You can put it in case and forget about that ding.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am going to hazard a guess the iPad took a round-about trip to circumvent the issues with some countries over there and things like FaceTime.

Most reactions

Latest posts