my new ipad shlould be new not used from another person !!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by fantastic1990, Jan 24, 2014.

1. fantastic1990

fantastic1990
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I bought my new Ipad air 16 gb wifi in 21/1/2014 from shop in syria and when enter the apple site to see the Warranty Expiration date I was surprised when i saw ((Warranty Exp: january 19 , 2015 )) after that I do jailbreak and install itools to check the Warranty more time
    but i see ((purchased : january 19,2014 and warranty exp : january 19,2015 ))
    so I wonder why the Warranty Exp is not (( 21/1/2015)) and why purchased date (( january 19,2014)) not 21 and I wonder if the Ipad that i bought is new or used !!!!!!!!!
    should i return this ipad to the Seller ????

2. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Well this is unusual and I don't gave an explanation for it.

Was the iPad in a sealed box? If it was sealed it should be a brand new one.....I'm not even sure if refurbished ones are yet available.

Contacting the shop to enquire why this is would be a good start......hopefully others may know more.

Please do not post twice on your issue as it divides the information given and makes it confusing for members to follow. It is also against our Forum Rules, your other post has now been deleted.

3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    It seems highly unlikely that someone bought it, returned it, and it got repacked and sold again within 2 days. If it was in a sealed box and was not obviously used I would not worry about this.

4. fantastic1990

fantastic1990
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    when i open the box for the first time i am notice there is A very small hole at the tip of the device then quickly contacted the seller, but the seller refused to return the device after two days i checked the Warranty purchased date and The result was in the Post Previous

5. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    A very small hole at the tip of the iPad? Can you say more about this small hole? Where exactly is it and how big is it? How could someone put a very small hole on an iPad? Can you upload a picture of the hole?

6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Is the very small hole in one of these locations? If so, it's for one of the two microphones on the iPad Air. image-3488692476.jpg

image-1879701623.jpg

#6 scifan57, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  7. fantastic1990

fantastic1990
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    hole is not the basis of the device and it is possible to be caused by a blow or fall
    And I have no relationship with it and it exist when i opened the box of the device for first time
    And these images by
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That looks like it was caused by some kind of impact. If the seller sold it to you as new, he was deceiving you. Am I correct in assuming that the iPad wasn't bought at an Apple Store or an authorized reseller?

9. fantastic1990

fantastic1990
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
  10. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I see that the iPad was produced for sale in Mexico and was purchased by you in Syria, definitely not an authorized reseller. If the seller won't take back the iPad, you're likely out of luck, as the standard Apple warranty doesn't cover accidental damage like yours appears to be. The damage likely occurred between the time the iPad was purchased in Mexico and when it was sold to you.