What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New iPad is too hot.

xskatecorex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad hot too.....i think this is general problem from apple....many user telling same problem...lols

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scene999 said:
My New iPad is too hot.

My New iPad got a problem?

Is it in a case?

Mine gets quite warm during prolonged use of heavy programs or if it is inside a folio case for a long time.
Taking it out of the case, or dropping the intensity of a program, eg one that uses the wi-fi for one that's entirely based on the iPad seems to help.

But it is never actually hot in terms of being uncomfortable to hold....

Seems to be a common issue though with the new ones.

dragons, dragons, dragons - who needs real pets?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with AQ-OC, what do you mean by too hot? Mine is not "too hot." If you sense a problem with yours, take it back to Apple and talk with them. They will fix or replace yours at no cost if it is faulty. I have had the iPad, iPad2 and now, the New iPad. The New iPad does run a little warmer than the iPad2 when streaming some videos but that is not problematic.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The heat from mine is much less noticeable since I bought a clear plastic snap-on back cover.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't ran into any heating issues with my iP3. If this is a problem though than set up an appointment with an Apple Genius and go from there.

xskatecorex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im agree with Rosaura......sure it will be hot if have used it for long time.....ok then i think my Ipad is normal....no worry anymore :))

Sent from my iPad using iPF

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm wondering about a translucent soft "silicon" type cover for the new iPad. Do you experienced folks think that's a good idea?

I know excess heat is bad for the battery & internal components - do you think that type of cover would be potentially damaging?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
my 3rd generation 64GB 4G doesn't get very warm at all, but you may check your brightness setting. If it is too bright it may be draining the battery a bit faster and this will surely cause it to warm up as well as the power dissipated through the backlight (more than the iPad2) will also generate some heat.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm wondering about a translucent soft "silicon" type cover for the new iPad. Do you experienced folks think that's a good idea?

I know excess heat is bad for the battery & internal components - do you think that type of cover would be potentially damaging?

Should not be a problem. I keep mine in a case for the purpose of protecting it. Just make sure the ports are open. Also, keep the brightness at bay. For me, I rarely use my iPad outside so there is no need to turn the brightness to 100% as some do.

We need to remember that excess heat to a computer is not the same thing as excess heat to humans, to a degree that is. Obviously, 500F will kill an iPad as easily as it would kill a human, but the iPad getting to 116 deg F (measured by me) under intense load on occasion is really not an issue. That's not really hot in iPad terms. But do keep in mind that if you turn the screen brightness to max, play a graphics intensive game outside in direct sunlight in summer, your iPad could get to a temp where it might decide to shut down. As a computer, it has no active cooling system, so all heat must diffuse away from the device into the surrounding air. So, pay attention to how you are using it. Play in a cool, air conditioned room with the screen brightness far from max. It might get warm to the touch, but that is ok unless it shuts down.

Most reactions