What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new IPad 3

bluerob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought that I would purchase a new IPad 3,as my iPad 2 had more cracks in the screen than you'd find in my granny's face. I asked the store employee (a major retailer in Australia) if Apple where going to release anything new, in the near future. He said no. That was 5 days ago.

Now I read IPad 4 is being released soon.

As a noobie to Apple products (I bought the iPhone 4S last year and find out a iPhone 5 is now due for release), I guess the definition of "in the near future" is different to what I thought was the norm.

I'm starting to think that Apple treats its consumers as slaves to their products (releasing new versions of their products within 6 months of releasing previously marketed new products) and I am rally pi$$ed off about this.

I'm now thinking that my next IT purchase will be an android product.

Sniff sniff...

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple retail employees have no more knowledge of product releases than we do. So to this persons credit I'm sure they had no idea an iPad 4 would be released. No one did in fact. This one completely caught everyone off guard. If you just purchased your iPad I would try returning it since it is well within the return window and upgrade to the iPad 4 when it's available. I can also tell you that if you do not like having yesterday's technology Android is not the way to go. New tablets/phones are released far more often than Apple.

Last edited:
OP
B

bluerob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
Apple retail employees have no more knowledge of product releases than we do. So to this persons credit I'm sure they had no idea an iPad 4 would be released. No one did in fact. This one completely caught everyone off guard. If you just purchased your iPad I would try returning it since it is well within the return window and upgrade to the iPad 4 when it's available. I can also tell you that if you do not like having yesterday's technology Android is not the way to go. New tablets/phones are released far more often than Apple.

Many thanks for your comment. I shall contact the retailer and see what they say.

Cheers

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you be surprised. Apple releases pretty much on a yearly schedule and the 3 was released in March so March 2013 for the 4 would seem right. Then the 5 in March 2014. Nothing unusual here.

OP
B

bluerob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm only a newbie when it comes to Apple products. If I'd known that IPad 4 was coming, I'd have tolerated my cracked screen IPad 2 and waited. It's like the IPhone 5. Ive had my iPhone 4S for nearly 9 months and happy with how it goes and then I get bombarded with messages from my carrier saying I'm entitled to an iPhone 5 for free. When I go to collect it, "sorry, we haven't received any shipments yet." Does that mean that an iPhone 6 is due out in 6 months time?

I'm just disappointed that I've bought something that was heralded and basically 5 mins after I buy it, a IPad 4 arrives?

As I've said, I'm a newbie with Apple. If this is how they treat consumers, no wonder people are flocking to other products.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
As a Best Buy Employee, I can tell you we knew nothing as well. Some people think that we have an "inside" view on everything new coming out...we don't. We sit and watch the keynotes just like everyone else, and so do Apple employees! Its nice that way. I hate keeping secrets! LOL

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yah. . apple don't care about there loyal costumers. . they just release and release their new products whenever they want!

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
yah. . apple don't care about there loyal costumers. . they just release and release their new products whenever they want!

Well, that was an arrogant comment if I've ever heard one...

Apple DOES care about its customers. They've been rated the BEST customer services year over year...you don't get there not caring about your customers.

The iPad 3 is still a great tablet. People seem to forget that...Its only 6 months old /facepalm.

The iPad 4 will be great for people getting their ipad for the first time, or for those who have an iPad 1 or maybe even 2. It will make for a great holiday gift!

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that was an arrogant comment if I've ever heard one...

Apple DOES care about its customers. They've been rated the BEST customer services year over year...you don't get there not caring about your customers.

The iPad 3 is still a great tablet. People seem to forget that...Its only 6 months old /facepalm.

The iPad 4 will be great for people getting their ipad for the first time, or for those who have an iPad 1 or maybe even 2. It will make for a great holiday gift!

how many apple products do you have?? if you have some. .. maybe you will understand what i mean. .

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
how many apple products do you have?? if you have some. .. maybe you will understand what i mean. .

Well...since you asked:

iMac
iPod Touch (3rd and new 5th gen)
iPad (1,2,3, and soon to be mini)
Macbook Pro
iPhone (had 4, 4s, and now 5)

Technology changes dude, be happy with what you have, is my advice.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, that's right, they call that business. You make products and you sell them, both in such a way that you make the most money possible. Is there something wrong with the iPad3 you decided to buy? If not just enjoy it. It's still the same great product you bought, and does it matter how long ago?. It's still the wonderfull product you've been extolling in your posts and loving so much!

If you had bought a new car recently, would be so unhappy if a new model comes out? Would you consider the car manufacturer disloyal too? Maybe blame the car dealer's staff for "releasing and releasing"?

jolie11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@bluerob as said, if you bought your iPad, then you could try returning it since it is well within the return window and upgrade to the iPad 4 when it's available.

@kulit_12, I don't think Apple don't care about their loyal costumers, they really treat costumers heartfelt. Just as the iPad 4, if won't to buy it, you could choose the iPad 2, the new iPad.

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't have problem bcoz you are rich! Buy all apple devices if you want.... I dont care because im just poor..... I cant afford to buy
Everytime apple will release their "nothin new devices, same specs, etc...."
I love apple! But this time im so disapointed..... :thumbsdown:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't have problem bcoz you are rich! Buy all apple devices if you want.... I dont care because im just poor..... I cant afford to buy
Everytime apple will release their "nothin new devices, same specs, etc...."
I love apple! But this time im so disapointed..... :thumbsdown:

Oh boo hoo you poor consumer and keeper-up-with-the joneses. "Rich" is a relative state. There are so many people in the world today whose income is far less per year than what you paid for your iPad3, and can not even dream of such riches which could feed their children for a year.

If you really must have this latest Apple offering I'm sure you could get it by trying really hard after you sell the iPad3. But then you are going to have a problem aren't you? There could be a new iPad coming out probably next March, and you are back where you started from. Your last several posts were gushing how much you loved your iPad3. I'm sorry to hear you seem to be falling out of love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts