What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New Carbon Fiber Cover

jlcamp7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has already been tested on many 3g models and it doesn't impact anything whatsoever. Think about it if a thick leather case doesn't impact it why would a sticker. I just installed mine last night from Phantomskinz.com. As far as I'm concerned it's the best coverage of them all. It's the only one that does a full wraparound of the speaker grille. I will try to get up pics later on.

Also as for the price, I always say you get what you pay for. The screen protector from Phantomskinz is $20 but is also the best screen protector there is that I know of. I've tested most all of them over the years.

OP
A

Anon_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimmy4fingers said:
I just ordered the ICARBON front and rear carbon fiber I like it better than the skinomi it covers more area and no corner cutouts you don't get a front screen protecter but I don't use one anyways called them and talked they were really friendly and helpful but you do get the carbon for the front to that goes around the bezel and if you domlay it on the front it just raises it enough where the screen wouldn't touch, but who would lay it on the screen anyways right.

Ncaissie said:
$30 for a sticker? No thanks. I bet you can get them on Ebay for $5 next month.
I buy the front protectors 6 for $3.

This doesn't feel like a cheap sticker. It is more like 3M vinyl wrap. In fact, I think it is from 3M. Anyways, I enjoy it. Getting lots of compliments from friends/family too which is nice.

Btw, someone asked if the smart cover still works. Yes it does, no issues at all.

jlcamp7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This doesn't feel like a cheap sticker. It is more like 3M vinyl wrap. In fact, I think it is from 3M. Anyways, I enjoy it. Getting lots of compliments from friends/family too which is nice.

Btw, someone asked if the smart cover still works. Yes it does, no issues at all.

I will vouch for what AG is saying. I have had these on a few devices and they are certainly more than a sticker. That's why I really like the carbon fiber skins. It's an actual weave to it, so it in my opinion adds some grip to the ipad and feels really nice in your hand. Also no fingerprints.
It seems when you have one of these your constantly getting compliments because they really do look nice in person and seperate your ipad from the stock look.
Also not all companies, but most all of them are using 3M (skinomi included) so it's a high quality product that will last.
In my next post I'll throw up a few pics of the phantomskinz.com version.

Also as mentioned, the smart cover still works with these skins. You lose a little bit of magnet strength, but nothing truly noticeable.

Also forgot to ever tell you Anon_Guy, that looks really nice on your ipad.

jlcamp7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's just a few pics of the phantomskinz version. Looking at all of them, I've come to the conclusion I think they're all almost identical in quality and feel. I think it really comes down to what kind of design you want on the edge coverage. That's where each company seems to be a little different, but other than that I really think they're all pretty much identical in quality (I'm not talking about no name companies, I'm talking about Skinomi, icarbons, Phantomskinz etc.)

Here they are:

Attachments

• IMG_4185.jpg
    IMG_4185.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_4187.jpg
    IMG_4187.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 573

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am tempted by these pics, but am holding off for a proper rear snap on case.

Looks great!

At first glance it looked like a formed shell, but on closer look it seems to be a thin, self adhesive film. I wonder if it protects the corners also? I checked out their website via Google and for $34 you also get a display thin film. Cost wise this is the best deal I've seen so far. It also has all the cutouts to work with the Smart Cover that provides magnetic on/off and a triangular stand ... one position of typing, the other for hands free viewing.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

sillyrabbitt123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great minds! It does look awesome! I got mine at Ghost Armor and it looks the same as yours. YES it works with Smart Cover!

IMAG0330-Copy_crop-Copy.jpg

IMAG0328-Copy_crop_crop.jpg

IMAG0322-Copy_crop-Copy-Copy.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts