What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My London trip

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some photos from my trip to the Tower yesterday.
image.jpg

Entering the Tower through the arch in the Bloody Tower

image.jpg

First view of the tower.

image.jpg

View of the Tower showing the entrance stairs.

image.jpg

St. John's Chapel.

image.jpg

Buildings in the inner ward, currently used as living space by the people who work in the Tower.

image.jpg

The Block and axe used for beheadings at the Tower.

image.jpg

Drawbridge pit at the ruined foundations of the Lion Tower.

image.jpg

Model of the Tower. At the upper left of the photo is depicted the section of Roman wall still visible today on Tower Hill.

image.jpg

Volunteers adding more poppies to the display in the moat.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose you planned your London visit precisely, or else viewing such an amount of sights in one day wouldn't have been possible.

What did you use to get from Marble Arch/Oxford Street to the Tower, or near it, to The Monument?

I hope you take some time to just stop, sit or rest for a while and enjoy the beauty of the city. - At least I think it's a beautiful city.

And: thank you for showing your beautiful pictures.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose you planned your London visit precisely, or else viewing such an amount of sights in one day wouldn't have been possible.

What did you use to get from Marble Arch/Oxford Street to the Tower, or near it, to The Monument?

I hope you take some time to just stop, sit or rest for a while and enjoy the beauty of the city. - At least I think it's a beautiful city.

And: thank you for showing your beautiful pictures.
For the sights that are close together I walked. For the others I used the Tube. I haven't planned anything more than a rough daily itinerary. For example, tomorrow I'm going to Windsor castle as the main destination, plus whatever I discover along the way.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These ruins of the Great Hall are the only remains of the great medieval Palace of Winchester, the London residence of the bishops of Winchester.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the London Guildhall, the equivalent of the American city hall.
image.jpg

The curving black line in this photo shows the outline of the Remains of the Roman amphitheater that was recently discovered beneath the Guildhall and the square in front of it.
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the sights that are close together I walked. For the others I used the Tube. I haven't planned anything more than a rough daily itinerary. For example, tomorrow I'm going to Windsor castle as the main destination, plus whatever I discover along the way.
That's quite a long way, supposedly there'll be a lot to discover :)

When I think of your challenges in "Where in the World", you certainly have an inkling where to find which sight. ;)

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Change of plans; I'm now going to see if I can get tickets to the Challenge Cup Final at Wembly tomorrow afternoon.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are several sections of the old London wall from the north and west walls of the legionary fort.

image.jpg

This is the curve in south-west corner of the foundations of the Roman Legionary fort wall. The rectangular area is the foundation of a tower. The line of the city wall continues to the left in this photo.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

These photos are of the western wall of the fort.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

These are photos of bastion 14 in the London wall, about at the midpoint of the western wall of the legionary fort.

image.jpg

This is bastion 13 in the London wall, near the north-west corner of the wall.

image.jpg

This is the bastion at the north-west corner of the London Wall, where the wall of the legionary fort turned east.

image.jpg

This is the first bastion to the east of the corner bastion showed in the previous photo.

image.jpg

Here's a stretch of London Wall immediately east of the bastion in the previous photo.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some photos of my trip to St. Paul's Cathedral.

image.jpg

This is St. Paul's from the approach to the Millennium Bridge. I went all the way to the top of the dome.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The interior of the dome on the way up.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a few photos of the interior of Southwark Cathedral.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is the oldest part of the cathedral, dating from the 12th century.
image.jpg

This is an excavation just outside the walls of the cathedral, showing at its deepest point the remains of a Roman road that passes under the cathedral site.
image.jpg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leeds won 23-10!
Here are a few photos from the game.

image.jpg

The approach to Wembley coming from the Tube station.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

During and after the game.

image.jpg

Fans leaving the stadium after the game, taken from the windows at the very top level.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts