What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My London trip

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This morning I went to visit the Queen but she wasn't home.:(
I was, however, able to take the Buckingham Palace tour.
image.jpg

The Canada Gate entrance to Green Park, across the street from the palace.

image.jpg

The Queen Victoria memorial in front of the palace.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The east, or public, facade of the palace.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The west, or garden, facade of the palace.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some views of the Buckingham Palace gardens. It's hard to believe that you're in the centre of one of the world's largest cities.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The exterior of the garden wall. They really, really don't want anybody climbing over the wall.

Taking photos inside the palace is, unfortunately, forbidden.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures!
Most of the ones from Buckingham Palace look familiar to me. I took some there, but with way more people than on your photos.
I also know the wall. We were walking there as well.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That was the very first (and only) Apple Store I ever visited. It's huge!

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That was the very first (and only) Apple Store I ever visited. It's huge!
This was the third Apple Store I've visited. I've been to Apple Stores in Vancouver, British Columbia, Chicago, Illinois, and London, England.
I'm going to try and visit the Apple Store in Covent Garden, it's bigger than the one on Regent Street.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This was the third Apple Store I've visited. I've been to Apple Stores in Vancouver, British Columbia, Chicago, Illinois, and London, England.
I'm going to try and visit the Apple Store in Covent Garden, it's bigger than the one on Regent Street.
Don't get lost there. ;)

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is Marble Arch, which originally formed the ceremonial entrance to Buckingham Palace before the East front was constructed. It's currently located at the north-east corner of Hyde Park.
image.jpg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
This afternoon I visited The Monument. This is a memorial to the Great Fire of London in 1666. There are 311 steep spiral steps to the top, but the view is worth it.

Here are some views of The Monument.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here are the 311 steps and some 18th century graffiti.
image.jpg

image.jpg

A view of Tower Bridge.
image.jpg

A view of the dome of St Paul's.
image.jpg

A view of HMS Belfast.
image.jpg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These photos show the church of St. Magnus The Martyr. The arched passage through the base of the steeple tower is part of the old medieval London Bridge and formed the pedestrian access to the bridge. It is the only remaining part of the bridge still standing above ground. The churchyard and the building to the right of the church are on land that formed the roadway approach to the old London Bridge.
Here's a site with some more info about the church and it's relationship with Old London Bridge. http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryMagazine/DestinationsUK/Remains-of-the-old-London-Bridge/
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another excellent bunch of photos sci. Your sharp photos shown here, nicely chosen and framed, are giving a great overview of London which you are obviously enjoying. Keep 'em coming:)
Andrew

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another excellent bunch of photos sci. Your sharp photos shown here, nicely chosen and framed, are giving a great overview of London which you are obviously enjoying. Keep 'em coming:)
Andrew
Thanks, Andrew. When I get back to my hotel tonight I'll post the photos of my visit to the Tower and my visit to St. Paul's Cathedral, where I climbed to the top of the dome.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Scifan.. for all of the great pics of London - I've seen many of those sites (one of several exceptions is the Apple Store which would be a fun visit!) - just getting a chance to view many of your images on my laptop, been away on a short trip to east Tennessee (Knoxville area). Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts