What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My London trip

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So cool sci!! My phone doesn't crash when I view it on here!! Now I need to so catch up. :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some photos of the pedestrian tunnel under the Thames at Greenwich. The south entrance starts just beside the Cutty Sark and the northern entrance is across the river at Island Gardens, a park at the southern tip of the isle of dogs. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_foot_tunnel
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The narrower section of tunnel in this photo is an inner lining added during WWII to repair bomb damage.

Last edited:

Lukey06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for sharing your trip, sci.
Thought Im traveling with you in London, while I see the photos. :p

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a memorial to the employees of the Metropolitan Railway Company who gave their lives in the First World War. It's located in the Baker Street station of the Metropolitan Line Subway and is one of many such memorials all over London.
image.jpg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some more photos from the Egyptian collection at the British Museum, taken on my visit on the 19th of August.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Egyptian sarcophagus

image.jpg

False door from an Egyptian tomb.

image.jpg

The less frequently photographed back side of the Rosetta Stone.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, and because I saw a few pictures from here in the iPhone Forum:
Did you use your iPhone for all these pictures, or did you also use your point-and-shoot camera?

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, and because I saw a few pictures from here in the iPhone Forum:
Did you use your iPhone for all these pictures, or did you also use your point-and-shoot camera?
I used a combination of my iPhone, iPad, and point and shoot camera. I don't remember exactly which camera was used for each picture.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Scifan.. - missed that post on the British Museum - I've been there several times (a while ago) and was asounded by the number of pieces - one really has to visit to even have a visual sense of the vast amount of artifacts - the Greece vases amazes just as starters! Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts