What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My jailbroken ipad doesn't make purchases!

Lolo221

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea what happened. I am able to purchase some apps but some other apps take forever when I press the purchase button and it never responds after that until I close the purchase window. Some other times, I am able to purchase books and it confirms purchase but then it requires download after purchase, when I try to download it displays an error message and closes by it self but it still says "purchased" next to the item.

Any help?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

As you are jailbroken, I will transfer this to the Hacking Section.

Good luck with your problem.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A jailbroken device should not behave any differently to a stock device in terms of using the store and purchasing / downloading apps. You have most likely installed a Cydia tweak which is 1) not designed for the iPad, and 2) alters the default behaviour of the app store.

There are, for example, old tweaks around which tried to enhance the store by not having to input your password on each update / purchase. After this functionality was added by Apple, these tweaks became redundant, but folks still try and use them. Make sure you have removed everything which might mess with the App Store. If in doubt, list out what tweaks you have installed and we'll see if we can spot anything.

Most reactions