My jailbroken ipad doesn't make purchases!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Lolo221, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Lolo221

Lolo221 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have no idea what happened. I am able to purchase some apps but some other apps take forever when I press the purchase button and it never responds after that until I close the purchase window. Some other times, I am able to purchase books and it confirms purchase but then it requires download after purchase, when I try to download it displays an error message and closes by it self but it still says "purchased" next to the item.

Any help?

2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,367 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

As you are jailbroken, I will transfer this to the Hacking Section.

Good luck with your problem.

3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    A jailbroken device should not behave any differently to a stock device in terms of using the store and purchasing / downloading apps. You have most likely installed a Cydia tweak which is 1) not designed for the iPad, and 2) alters the default behaviour of the app store.

There are, for example, old tweaks around which tried to enhance the store by not having to input your password on each update / purchase. After this functionality was added by Apple, these tweaks became redundant, but folks still try and use them. Make sure you have removed everything which might mess with the App Store. If in doubt, list out what tweaks you have installed and we'll see if we can spot anything.