What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad2 wont connect toy home wifi

apilotsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 and iPod touch won't connect to my wifi. My iPod hasn't been connecting for a couple days and as of last night my iPad won't. I've never had a problem like this before. Can anyone help me out as to what to do, usually I'd have my husband do his thing on it but he's not home to help. Please help me!!! TIA

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Col's suggestion doesn't correct the problem try to find the networks i your settings app under wifi and then touch the network name, you should get the option to forget the network. Restart your iPad by holding the on/off button until the slider appears and slide to off, restart your iPad (you may have to press both the on/off button and home button together to do this. Now reboot your router again and in the wifi section of your settings app, after your router has rebooted, see if you can see your network. If you can can, sign in again with the router password and hopefully you will be good to go.

Let us know how you get on.

The Archangel

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a note of clarification if the whole "router" and "modem" stuff is foreign to you. You probably have a "modem" that connects via a wire to your cable outlet or to a phone line. This is the device that receives (and sends) data from/to the internet. The modem is then connected to a "router" that receives the internet signal and "broadcasts" it via wifi to your various devices. It's possible that the modem and router are combined in a single device, but if not, be sure you understand which is which.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Just a note of clarification if the whole "router" and "modem" stuff is foreign to you. You probably have a "modem" that connects via a wire to your cable outlet or to a phone line. That modem is then connected to a "router" that receives the internet signal and "broadcasts" it via wifi to your various devices. It's possible that the modem and router are combined in a single device, but if not, be sure you understand which is which.

Thanks for clarifying, it's easy to forget that others may not know......slaps wrist and goes to sit in the corner!

The Archangel

OP
A

apilotsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I reset the modem and everything connected!! I'm not foreign to modems or anything computer related. Being a military wife I've had to figure a lot of things out by myself. Just thought it was odd that it connected fine yesterday and then nothing. Thanks again!!

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too experience this sometimes and a quick power-off/power-on of the wifi router solves the issue. It's a problem with my Linksys router. It can't seem to handle the load of having multiple devices connected to it at once.

I'm using an old Linksys WRT54G router by the way.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I reset the modem and everything connected!! I'm not foreign to modems or anything computer related. Being a military wife I've had to figure a lot of things out by myself. Just thought it was odd that it connected fine yesterday and then nothing. Thanks again!!

Should have guessed you might be a military wife from your sig. And I don't doubt in the least that you're highly competent in many aspects of life that those of us in civilian life leave to our spouses. Congrats on the success and thanks to both you and your husband for your service.

OP
A

apilotsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Should have guessed you might be a military wife from your sig. And I don't doubt in the least that you're highly competent in many aspects of life that those of us in civilian life leave to our spouses. Congrats on the success and thanks to both you and your husband for your service.

Thank you!!

Most reactions

Latest posts