What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad2 is constantly disconnecting from WIFI

jeff4h

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently bought a iPad 2 after having the original for 6 months. I have had trouble with both of them losing connection with my dsl. It's not my Dsl because my laptop never looses connection. I would appreciate any help. I have no idea about what my settings should be.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually, it can still be your DSL. iPads are pickier about their connections, and routers have been known to decide they don't like them.

The usual fix is to turn your Wi-Fi router off for a few minutes, then turn it back on. While it is off it's a good idea to go into Settings > General > Reset on the iPad and Reset Network Settings (be sure you reset that, and not something else by mistake).

If that does not work, here is a thread of general troubleshooting tips for iPad vs router problems.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/54428-unable-connect-wi-fi.html#post373016

Most reactions