What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my ipad2 is blocked and recovery is not possible (error 21)

misska

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Helloooo !

I am desesperate... Yesterday, I tried to update my ipad2. It was on IOS 6.0.1 (I think), to move to Ios 7, to update the apps.
So, when I start the update, it rebooted, then shows the apple, then the itunes logo with the usb cable.

I started iTunes, connect the ipad, and click on restore. and I got this error :
The ipad can't be restored ; unknown error (21).

and if I click on "shift+restore", in order to choose an image ; I do have "the ipad" can not be restored, unknown error (3194)"...

I got the .shsh copy from cydia. So... what shall I do ? I cannot use anymore my iPad, and I am pretty sure it is not a hardware problem...

please heeeelp

Kind regards
Miss K

Attachments

• 14010078_resize.jpg
    14010078_resize.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 596
OP
M

misska

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello,
thank you very much for your help
So, I read your tuto, and by following it ;
I succeed to reach the Dfu mode (itunes told me that he detected an ipad in recovery mode)
Then I download the ios 704 (to have the latest version...)
my ipad is an ipad2A1395, it was jailbroken with 6.0.1 (I think)
so I choose =>
WiFi Only

7.0.4 - http : //appldnld.apple.com/iOS7/031-1...a_Restore.ipsw
(should I used WiFi Only - Hardware Revision A ?)

Then during the restoration, iTunes said : the ipad cannot be restored ; unknown error 4014

glups ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2014-01-24 à 23.36.07.png
    Capture d’écran 2014-01-24 à 23.36.07.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 263

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This error means that there's a problem with the USB connection.

Try using another USB cable; a different USB port; add or remove a USB hub between iPad and computer.

OP
M

misska

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am ok to buy another cable... but is there a list of errors somewhere with their meaning ?
I am directly connected to my Mac
Kind regards

OP
M

misska

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you. I am a bit surprised by the cable problem. I will go the apple shop this afternoon, with the ipad to see if they can do something for me, and maybe to buy this cable... I keep you up to date !

OP
M

misska

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I went to the apple shop, and it went as you said.... but with a new cable. So it is now alive ! thank you a lot for your support !!!

question did it make any difference if I save my shsh keys now ?

kind regards

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I went to the apple shop, and it went as you said.... but with a new cable. So it is now alive ! thank you a lot for your support !!!

question did it make any difference if I save my shsh keys now ?

kind regards

Honestly? No, not really. Apple has changed the verification process so much that saving SHSH blobs from iOS 6 on is more of a habit than anything. Maybe a bit of a hope, too - in that someone might one day figure out how to use them again. But, they haven't, yet. :)

Still, I save mine (using Tiny Umbrella, which is updated to save iOS 7.0.4 blobs). They take up little space and it's an easy process... So, I save as this action fits neatly into the "well, you never know" category... :)

Oh, and the only ones you can save are for iOS 7.0.4 as that's the most current one being signed by Apple.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts