What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad with ios 3.x ( i forgot) went slow when ios 4.3 was installed.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happened?

If you’re referring to WiFi, one of our Forum members suggested this...

This has resolved many issues and worth a try.
- Sometimes after you perform a upgrade from say iOS 3. to iOS 4.2 *the iPad or iPhone wifi or 3G speeds *may be slow.*
- This is an easy fix which does work. Please do the following:
1. Go to Settings->General->Reset
2. Then select "Reset Network Settings" (this will not erase ur devices content, music, videos, email, etc. It will only erase any WiFi networks you have defined).
3. Once your device completes the action and gives you the normal home screen or Passcode screen, go ahead and power your device down and once you are sure the device is fully powered down wait an additional 60sec to allow internal components to fully discharge.
4. After the 60sec is up, power on your device again and re-add any encrypted WiFi networks you had defined.
5. Enjoy the "back to normal" WiFi and 3G speeds like you had prior to the OS upgrade.*

Col

col.bris, Brisbane Australia

Forum Rules. Please Read.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked for me. Just remember to add back in your network. Which I initially forgot ~ so it was SO slow ~

But now it is back to very very fast!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops - col.bris is a moderator, not just a ‘member’

Sorry col.bris.....

Tim
Scotland

anthonymoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean overall system speed (and not just wifi) then you are probably glad you didn't update to 4.1 or 4.2 along the way! I'm a super heavy user (see my signature...) and I really tax the thing. I noticed that the update from 3.2 to 4 brought with it some unwelcomed lagginess, in particular in mail but felt across the device.

4.2 -> 4.3 actually improved things quite a bit (so much so that I decided to hold off on an iPad 2 for now). Things seem about as snappy as they did back in the 3.2 days so I'm pretty happy.

That said, I didn't compare them consecutively so maybe you're right!

OP
P

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
It worked for me. Just remember to add back in your network. Which I initially forgot ~ so it was SO slow ~

What do you mean add back?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

What do you mean add back?

The 'reset' operation causes the iPad to 'forget' about all its WiFi networks, so you have to add any WiFi networks back again - perhaps they're encrypted, so you'll need to enter the encryption keys etc....

Tim
Scotland

OP
P

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anthonymoody said:
If you mean overall system speed (and not just wifi) then you are probably glad you didn't update to 4.1 or 4.2 along the way! I'm a super heavy user (see my signature...) and I really tax the thing. I noticed that the update from 3.2 to 4 brought with it some unwelcomed lagginess, in particular in mail but felt across the device.

4.2 -> 4.3 actually improved things quite a bit (so much so that I decided to hold off on an iPad 2 for now). Things seem about as snappy as they did back in the 3.2 days so I'm pretty happy.

That said, I didn't compare them consecutively so maybe you're right!

Yeah.. Its laggy specifically on mail for me.. When i select a mail it marks delay for around 1.5 sec. Which i always thought i didnt touch the target carefully. So i have to touch it again then it just go mark then unmark

Most reactions