Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by pastan, Mar 15, 2011.
If youâ€™re referring to WiFi, one of our Forum members suggested this...
This has resolved many issues and worth a try.
- Sometimes after you perform a upgrade from say iOS 3. to iOS 4.2 *the iPad or iPhone wifi or 3G speeds *may be slow.*
- This is an easy fix which does work. Please do the following:
1. Go to Settings->General->Reset
2. Then select "Reset Network Settings" (this will not erase ur devices content, music, videos, email, etc. It will only erase any WiFi networks you have defined).
3. Once your device completes the action and gives you the normal home screen or Passcode screen, go ahead and power your device down and once you are sure the device is fully powered down wait an additional 60sec to allow internal components to fully discharge.
4. After the 60sec is up, power on your device again and re-add any encrypted WiFi networks you had defined.
5. Enjoy the "back to normal" WiFi and 3G speeds like you had prior to the OS upgrade.*
col.bris, Brisbane Australia
Forum Rules. Please Read.
It worked for me. Just remember to add back in your network. Which I initially forgot ~ so it was SO slow ~
But now it is back to very very fast!
Oops - col.bris is a moderator, not just a â€˜memberâ€™
ooh....you are in trouble, Tim. Colin is tough too.
If you mean overall system speed (and not just wifi) then you are probably glad you didn't update to 4.1 or 4.2 along the way! I'm a super heavy user (see my signature...) and I really tax the thing. I noticed that the update from 3.2 to 4 brought with it some unwelcomed lagginess, in particular in mail but felt across the device.
4.2 -> 4.3 actually improved things quite a bit (so much so that I decided to hold off on an iPad 2 for now). Things seem about as snappy as they did back in the 3.2 days so I'm pretty happy.
That said, I didn't compare them consecutively so maybe you're right!
What do you mean add back?
The 'reset' operation causes the iPad to 'forget' about all its WiFi networks, so you have to add any WiFi networks back again - perhaps they're encrypted, so you'll need to enter the encryption keys etc....
Yeah.. Its laggy specifically on mail for me.. When i select a mail it marks delay for around 1.5 sec. Which i always thought i didnt touch the target carefully. So i have to touch it again then it just go mark then unmark
Oh.. Get it.