What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad turns off automatically and only work when is connected with charger

ashraf.mazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please can anybody help me with my problem , i just bought an Ipad a month ago , and suddenly while i was opening an video on safari , it shut down and i didn't know the root cause for this . So i panicked and connected it with charger and it worked and once i remove the charger away , it shuts down again !!!! :( :(

Can anybody tell me what might be the problem ??

Last edited:
OP
A

ashraf.mazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i re-open it the battery there is a logo of dead battery (red state) before it reboots (before the apple logo appears) and when it opens i see its 89% right now !!

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the iPad plugged into the wall charger or is it a USB computer port? Does it show a percentage or just "plugged in"?

OP
A

ashraf.mazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wall charge and it is showing 89% . it just weird that it has 89% and once i plug it off it shut down immediately . but when it is re-plugged , it show a drained battery before starting with apple logo

OP
A

ashraf.mazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have a solution or explanation please ?? i bought it from dubai so i can't get it checked in Apple store . so i am stuck with exploring myself

xburton155

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there is a combination that you push using the lock button and the home button this will cause the ipad to do a total reset. you will lose your information on th ipad but it will be fine again. Im not sure what the combination is but shouldn't be hard to find out.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you push the home button and the sleep button together until the apple reappears, this is like turning your computer off and restarting it. You will not loose information. Your battery indicator may not be accurate. Leave it plugged in to the wall charger for several hours without using it and see if the battery will charge.

OP
A

ashraf.mazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try restoring as new iPad or restore from backup.

I just did that few hours ago and its state is the same :( .. the weird thing is itunes doesn't even detect the device !

If you push the home button and the sleep button together until the apple reappears, this is like turning your computer off and restarting it. You will not loose information. Your battery indicator may not be accurate. Leave it plugged in to the wall charger for several hours without using it and see if the battery will charge.

And about that soultion , i tried it and the battery is 91% when it opens but before the apple logo appears (a drained battery appears with a red line at the end)

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ashraf.mazen said:
Please can anybody help me with my problem , i just bought an Ipad a month ago , and suddenly while i was opening an video on safari , it shut down and i didn't know the root cause for this . So i panicked and connected it with charger and it worked and once i remove the charger away , it shuts down again !!!! :( :(

Can anybody tell me what might be the problem ??

This happens to all of us at some time or another, two things, manually do a hard shut down, meaning hold down the power button and the home button for at least 15 seconds, you will see the Apple come on and off a few times, 2nd, double push your home button and that will raise the bottom of the screen and you will see all the open apps, hold anyone of them down until they jiggle and hit the X at the top of all of them so that they all close. If none of those work, being only a month old i would take it back to Apple or call Apple and they will send out a replacement. Good Luck

Most reactions

Latest posts