What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad seems to be stuck on landscape

michellebelle65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do i get it to go to portrait for ibooks? Is there something in the settings i need to do?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do i get it to go to portrait for ibooks? Is there something in the settings i need to do?

Hi michellebelle65! Welcome to iPF!
Go to Settings - General - Use Side Switch to. If you chose "Lock Rotation", you should try to change the position of the side switch, next to your volume button.

You can also look somewhere else:
Press the Home button twice, to reveal the Multitask bar. Slide to the right, then you see something like this:

image-2011775920.jpg

If there's a padlock in the arrow on the left side, tap it to unlock screen rotation.

Last edited:

nigelsm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I double clicked the home button and it slid to the suggested screen. It did not display that it was locked, but I locked and unlocked it and now the rotation seems to be back to normal. :) Mary

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I double clicked the home button and it slid to the suggested screen. It did not display that it was locked, but I locked and unlocked it and now the rotation seems to be back to normal. :) Mary

Hi, Mary! Welcome to iPF, and I'm glad it's working now!

Most reactions

Latest posts