1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

My iPad Just Gave Me a Fright

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by RAC, Jan 24, 2011.

1. RAC

RAC iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I started my iPad this morning and went away to something. When I came back the screen was black, not so unusual.

What was unusual was that nothing happened when I pressed the power button (or whatever it is called).

Eventually, I held down the power and home buttons for quite a while and the iPad re-booted. The Apple icon displayed for quite some time before things got back to normal.

Does anyone know what this is all about?

I noticed, as an aside, that re-booting doesn't clear the task list.
  2. Pocobear

Pocobear iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I suspect this is being caused by downloading apps without resetting the iPad. I know your aren't supposed have to do this, but just like with Computers, some apps just like to have everything reset before they will work correctly. I have gotten into the habit of resetting all iDevices after downloading a couple of apps. The only times I have had a hang is when I forget to reset.:)

Also, when resetting, release the buttons when you see the Apple Icon. Sounded like you were continuing to hold them. Maybe it just sounded like that.;)
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  3. RAC

RAC iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    You may be right, perhaps I eventually tired and released one of them from the death grip :).