What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad is Speaking to Me

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's now speaking the words out while I'm typing. I don't recall changing a setting, I'll say user error for sure. Does anyone know what I did? Or is this just the pain meeds speaking?

Tonyruggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings>general>accessibility>voice over or speak auto text whichever you have on

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
interesting! i never knew this feature existed in Ipad.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, this is a very interesting feature

I played with it and I found it hard to remember to double tap. I did keep the auto special check correction voice. I wonder how much memory and battery power this consumes.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings>general>accessibility>voice over or speak auto text whichever you have on

Thank you.

I think this is a rather odd "feature" to have on the iPad. What purpose does it really serve? And that computer voice sounds like something that would be coming out of Captain Kirks computer in the original Star Trek. :)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just be careful you don't enable this if you have a password. Instead of typing in the numbers it just reads them back to you.....very frustrating.

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is so special!

What is the last word it says, sounds like sudden, but I cannot make it out.

Most reactions

Latest posts