What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my iPad is possessed

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This just started to happen- when i am looking something up whether is is Safari, app store or iTines. I find what I want to look into- say, an app I click on it to read about it further- the page starts to open, and suddenly I am on my home screen. As soon as i click back to the app store I find myself to the screen right before the freak out. It took 5 tries to successfully look at the app to be able to download( it was freaking ibooks!) that was all. Another was when I was on Safari and went to amazon . I went to search an item, clicked the item I wanted, back on home page.
WT* is this? I think my iPad knows I'm planning an upgrade and is going on strike. I do not have the issue with my iMac or even my iPod touch( though it is too small a screen to use often.
this has happened at home with my own high speed internet(comcast) and when I was at my daughter's (fios).
Anybody getting this same issue with any model iPad?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This just started to happen- when i am looking something up whether is is Safari, app store or iTines. I find what I want to look into- say, an app I click on it to read about it further- the page starts to open, and suddenly I am on my home screen. As soon as i click back to the app store I find myself to the screen right before the freak out. It took 5 tries to successfully look at the app to be able to download( it was freaking ibooks!) that was all. Another was when I was on Safari and went to amazon . I went to search an item, clicked the item I wanted, back on home page.
WT* is this? I think my iPad knows I'm planning an upgrade and is going on strike. I do not have the issue with my iMac or even my iPod touch( though it is too small a screen to use often.
this has happened at home with my own high speed internet(comcast) and when I was at my daughter's (fios).
Anybody getting this same issue with any model iPad?

Mostly iPad 1 does have this problem.
For better understanding, read the first 5-6 posts of this thread. Everything is explained there: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-1-forum/104946-ipad-1-crashing.html

Last edited:
OP
D

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I will just have to hold out a few more months for my new iPad. going on vacation in 5 weeks and have $$ aside for fun in the sun. I will have money left over and by then there may be official announcement about the iPad 5( or not)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

There are steps you can take to limit this happening. Close out your apps completely from the multi task bar regularly. Some apps use more ram than others, Safari, depending on what site you are visiting can use a lot of ram....the more graphics it has, the more ram it will use. So if you want to use Safari, close your other apps first.

Limit your Location Services and also clear your History and Cookies and Website Data from Safari through the Settings app.

After you've done this, give your iPad a reset, you may even find it that little bit more responsive also. I hope it helps. Have fun on that vacation of yours!

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

OP
D

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The folks at the apple store helped my iPad so i can hang onto it till we see what Apple has in store for the holiday season- I was not turning it off completely often enough. It is behaving for now

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The folks at the apple store helped my iPad so i can hang onto it till we see what Apple has in store for the holiday season- I was not turning it off completely often enough. It is behaving for now

Yes, you should turn your iPad off regularly......this will also completely close any apps that you have had opened, freeing up ram in the process, (even though these apps will still be seen in your multi task bar)

The above tips I mentioned will also clear up more ram and help prevent your iPad crashing as much.

OP
D

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the tips iPad working as before. My biggest problem is some apps i want to use require 6.0 update- I was told with the new ios update, my dropbox will not be able to update either- it will run for a while- I just want to see what the "new" thing coming is and then decide- I still think the mini will get the a6 chip- maybe a a7 for the next iPad?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for the tips iPad working as before. My biggest problem is some apps i want to use require 6.0 update- I was told with the new ios update, my dropbox will not be able to update either- it will run for a while- I just want to see what the "new" thing coming is and then decide- I still think the mini will get the a6 chip- maybe a a7 for the next iPad?

I have that problem also as I'm keeping this iPad 2 on 6.0.1 for the time being (I may jailbreak) but I'm waiting for the 5 to appear also. It's all conjecture right now on what it will be or even look like......we have a few threads here already, so if you do a search, you'll see what others are thinking.

I personally will get the 5, time for me to upgrade and experience what all the hooha is on the Retina display. You will notice a huge difference coming from the iPad 1. Just a matter of waiting now! ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts