What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad Is Not Responding

josephvalino99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok....,here's what happened .i was downloading tweaks for my jailbroken ipad 3 and then i tried shut it down by holding the sleep/wake button and i shut it down but when i tried to switch it on i wont work , its just showing the apple logo and nothing is happening and i waited for it to lowbat but when i tried to charge it and turn it on it work plz help me :(:(:(:(:(

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Put it in DFU mode, restore to factory settings through iTunes. Then try Jailbreak again.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok....,here's what happened .i was downloading tweaks for my jailbroken ipad 3 and then i tried shut it down by holding the sleep/wake button and i shut it down but when i tried to switch it on i wont work , its just showing the apple logo and nothing is happening and i waited for it to lowbat but when i tried to charge it and turn it on it work plz help me :(:(:(:(:(

Since you have probably installed a tweak which is either not iPad compatible or not IOS 5.1.1. compatible, you could try a remove it using failsafe mode. Reset the device by holding both home and power. When the screen turns blank let go of those and hold the "volume up" key whilst the device boots. This will enter a special mode where none of your tweaks will work except Cydia. You should then remove the tweak(s) you think may be causing the problem.

See more details here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-use-safe-mode-maintain-stable-jailbreak.html

If you simply restore, re-jailbreak, and install exactly the same things again, there is a good chance you will end up in exactly the same situation. You need to find out which tweak it is that is the problem!

Most reactions